Internal Communications Manager
Manages all aspects of internal communications for the Center, including production of editorial content for publications, newsletters and electronic media.
Ensures timely and efficient project management for communication projects in support of the Center marketing objectives.
Reports to Senior Leadership, Atlanta, Georgia.
• Project manager and/or communication consultant in developing communication strategies for projects, publications or collateral for various client areas including administrative, research and education institutes or departments.
• Acts as liaison between client areas and marketing staff.
• Ensures deadlines and timelines are adhered to including overseeing deadlines of freelance writers.
• Collaborates with client areas and graphic designers to determine appropriate graphic presentation of copy.
• Writes and edits copy for newsletters, brochures, direct mail pieces, displays and other collateral materials, as well as speeches and copy for the intranet and website.
• Supervises junior staff.
• Conducts secondary research for publication development.
• Oversees clinical projects such as annual reports and special one-time publications.
• Measures and tracks internal communications metrics and utilize analytics to improve offerings and optimize response and ROI evaluation.
• Participates in marketing meetings, task forces and groups.
• Serves as part of communications team for emergency operations management.
• Assists in public information officer duties as needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, strategic communications, business communications, journalism or related field.
• Excellent writing, editing, grammar and proofreading skills.
• Strong working knowledge of all forms of communication (print and electronic).
• Demonstrated ability to organize and handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Effective interpersonal skills needed to conduct interviews with people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Must be self-motivated and have a demonstrated ability to produce quality results.
• Ability to work closely with senior leadership and in team environments.
• Creativity and experience with publication production a plus.
• Knowledge of communication practices in healthcare or another industry(ies).
• Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a communication/marketing function to include experience in writing, editing, researching and preparing material for publication.
Vistra is an integrated marketing communications and consulting agency serving small businesses, nonprofits, large corporations, state and local governments and federal government agencies. Our diverse team of professionals is passionate about helping our clients reach their goals.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(K) Retirement Plan Matching, PTO, Paid Holidays
Learn more at ConsultVistra.com.
Job posted: 2020-05-01