Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal Communications Manager
Do you like to think creatively about the ways people can stay connected and informed in an increasingly digital and remote world? Do you love a fast-paced environment with the satisfaction of a busy and productive day? If so, our Internal Communications Manager role might be a fit for you!
At Vital Farms, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and the planet through food. Our business model is rooted in Conscious Capitalism. When we make decisions, we consider our stakeholders who include Vital Farms employees, whom we affectionally refer to as crew members, as well as our farmers and suppliers, customers and consumers, community and the environment, and stockholders.
Our Communications Team thoughtfully engages with each of these groups. We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join our team to lead communication with our crew members. We foster a special people-first culture at Vital Farms. As we grow, and especially because our workforce is located across the country, it’s important to keep our crew consistently informed, inspired, and connected to our mission. That’s where you come in.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead communication with our crew, leveraging our existing channels (Microsoft Teams, e-mail, crew intranet, etc.) and thinking creatively about how we can evolve these tools to meet the needs of our workforce.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships including with our Senior Leadership, People, and DEI Teams to stay ahead of information that needs to be shared with our crew and maximize engagement.
- Spend time listening and learning from all our crew members (Remote and Egg Central Station) developing an understanding of how they like to receive information, what’s on their mind, and their unique needs.
- Have a strategic mindset, understanding that internal communications should be consistent, predictable, and thoughtfully organized. You should always be “one step ahead” of our crew members and what’s on their mind.
- Write communications materials—often. This includes company-wide emails, content for our crew Intranet, and messaging for anyone speaking to the company.
- Oversee in-person and virtual crew events including programming for Company Town Halls.
- Support People function with monthly crew meetings, as needed.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Passion for Vital Farms and understanding of our commitment to honesty and transparency in food production. You give a sh*t about ethically minded food production and purpose-driven brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations / Communications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Internal Communications, in-house preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills. Familiarity with Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Said another way: you don’t like monotony!
- You share our values of Humility, Empathy, Growth, Ownership and Competition. You believe “we” is greater than “me”.
- You hold yourself to the same high standards we hold for Vital Farms.
What We Bring to the Table:
- A fast-paced, energetic, remote environment with passionate people who are leading a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table.
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Parental Leave, just to name a few).
- Company-wide bonus program; when we succeed together, we celebrate together.
- Generous retirement contributions: 401(k) + 3% Contribution from Day 1.
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts.
- Fun team SWAG that will make you the talk of the town.
- Professional development opportunities and an amazing team dedicated to your growth.
Who We Are:
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today, Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 275 family farms, and selling into over 18,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.
Shortly after you complete your application, you’ll receive a follow-up email elaborating on any potential next steps in our process. If you don’t immediately receive said follow-up email, we would highly encourage you to check your spam filter!
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.
Job posted: 2022-04-26