Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal Communications Manager
Why You Should Join Wills Group
- Financial Wellbeing –, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing – comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities – 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people’s education goals
- Competitive Salary – competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
- Bonus – 10% bonus opportunity annually
- Establish and execute an internal communications strategy annually for TWGI and Dash In to ensure company policies, initiatives, projects, and events are communicated to employees in a relevant, clear and timely fashion.
- Manage and elevate the employer brand/DEI strategy for the Wills Group and Dash In, creating and promoting the brands’ employer of choice narratives via internal and external communications channels
- Oversee the company’s Brand Governance process for internal audiences. Counsel cross-functional department/clients on internal communications and employee engagement best practices and opportunities to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Lead annual employee engagement and pulse survey processes and communications. Serve as subject matter expert on survey platform(s), managing the administration, set up, reporting, and action planning.
- Manage store communications and administration of the communications platform, to include liaising with content creators, ensuring submission protocols, reviewing and editing content, developing reports to evaluate effectiveness, and providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Plan, edit and write content for internal communications (e.g., stories, letters, presentations, brochures, scripts) for a variety of audiences, and mediums, including Town Halls, email, intranet, e-newsletter, and social media.
- Serves as an experienced/editor for all internal publications
- Help to develop and execute key change management priorities
- Develop and drive an e-communications strategy by developing processes, tools, and protocol for web-enabled/email communication
- Assist with handling any internal communication response to crisis situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, or other related field required
- Minimum 5-7 years of communications-related experience
- 5 years of work experience in a corporate communications role; preferably with a multi-unit retailer, hospitality chain, or food service organization
- 3 years of experience managing employee engagement programs and initiatives
- 3 years of experience with various internal communication platforms
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and analytical skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees or other audiences
- Ability to tailor messages to various audiences (staff, store employees, franchisees, leadership, etc.)
- Strong project management capabilities, managing multiple client initiatives from start to completion
- Hands-on experience in managing communication platforms to engage both internal and external audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented; ability to prioritize; possess experience working in frequently changing, fast-paced environments
- Commitment to values-driven and culturally diverse work environment
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be used in communicating with all levels of associates and managers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Ability to effectively influence and persuade others outside of the function
- Experience with digital communication platforms and familiarity with web design/information technology, especially digital and video means of communication
- Working knowledge and/or basic graphic design skills and ability to use related programs highly desired (i.e., Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva)
- Working knowledge/experience with SharePoint Intranet a plus
Wills Group is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Wills Group strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Wills Group employees. Documentation of the first dose will be required prior to employee’s first day of work, with the second dose being obtained within 30 days. Additionally, booster doses are required by March 1, 2022, for those eligible to receive them. Wills Group makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-06-19