Internal Communications Manager
Airbnb is seeking a senior internal communications professional to design and execute executive internal and internal communications programs across our fast-paced company. The ideal candidate has proven experience leading communications strategy around organizational changes, crisis, and culture and has a track record of elevating day to day internal executive communications and team moments.
In this role you will partner with executives and collaborate with a range of stakeholders like Creative, Marketing, Diversity & Belonging, PR, Talent, and Legal to design impactful communications programs that inform and inspire employees and nurture Airbnb’s culture. As a strategic thought partner to executives you will create clear, compelling narratives around visions, priorities, and business results. You’ll be responsible for communicating our company strategy and team priorities to a set of teams. You will also create company-wide communications campaigns about programs, products, and changes. You will be an expert in identifying impactful communications opportunities, distilling complex topics into simple messages, designing creative campaigns, writing clear content, and coaching leaders in a values-centered way.
You have significant experience working directly with senior executives. You possess high emotional intelligence and executive presence with a proven ability to influence and build partnerships to execute. You anticipate the needs of others, are employee-and-audience-centric and work tirelessly to create an environment of open communications. You’re resourceful with an eye for detail, an excellent writer, visual communicator, and project manager and you build relationships quickly.
- Manage a comprehensive executive communications strategy to drive engagement, instill confidence and trust, and inspire around the company’s strategy.
- Create communications with powerful messaging, leveraging different mediums
- Drive change thoughtfully, and proactively, coming up with extremely creative, mission-centered change management solutions.
- Develop strategies to effectively and swiftly respond to a variety of crisis situations.
- Be an essential and trusted partner to leaders, providing regular feedback and coaching them to more effectively communicate, build trust, and cascade with context—coaching leaders in:
- business storytelling
- becoming better communicators
- executing compelling narratives around change
- role modelling our Core Values
- Design / produce team all-hands: define narrative, create keynote presentations, coach presenters.
- Create, edit, and collaborate on communications, customizing communications to specific audiences to gain their buy in.
- Develop innovative inside out strategies that leverage the Airbnb community.
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of messaging, channels and practices.
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission.
- Degree, ideally in Journalism, Communications, PR, or related field; Master’s preferred
- Seasoned professional with 15+ years of experience in a strategic internal communications role, preferably with crisis communication experiences and track record of counseling top executives and delivering measurable results
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to make messaging relevant
- Track record creating effective, innovative communications channels and programs
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; executing with speed, high level of accuracy and efficiency, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to implement sound judgment
- Ability to thrive in high-stress, fast-paced situations
- Hands on position, you will roll up your sleeves every day in this team
- Finger on the pulse of communication tools, resources and trends
- Strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Familiar with Keynote and telling compelling stories through presentation
- A master at influencing and elegant at navigating competing priorities and ambiguity.
- Self-directed strategic thinker capable of collaborating with and influencing a range of stakeholders and making an impact quickly.
- Confidentiality and business ethics; demonstrating outstanding judgment and discretion.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02