Internal Communications Manager – Charities
About the Team
PetSmart Charities is committed to finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together. Through its in-store adoption program in all PetSmart® stores across the US and Puerto Rico, PetSmart Charities helps to find forever homes and families for more than 500,000 shelter pets each year. To learn more visit www.petsmartcharities.org.
About the Job
The Internal Communications Manager – Charities is responsible for developing and leading internal communications planning for PetSmart Charities across North America. This role works closely with leadership to support and draft written materials, presentations, and resources for speaking engagements. This role serves as a communications expert, working cross-functionally across PetSmart Charities and PetSmart teams to lead the development of policy and change management communications to our field leaders, store leaders and grantees/partners.
- Support the president and leadership team with strategic internal and partner key messages, presentations, and speaking engagements.
- Support Charities associates with partner speaking engagements by developing, reviewing, and approving key messages and materials.
- Work cross-functionally to support the Charities operations by leading the development of all policy and change-management communications impacting field leaders and store leaders in 1,650+/- retail stores and seven distribution centers.
- Work cross-functionally to support grantee/partner communications by leading and developing all policy and change-management communications impacting 3,500+/- external partners and grantees.
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders across the business to help determine and address their short- and long-term communications needs.
- Support the coordination and execution of content for town halls, national meetings, and other internal communications events, including designing presentation content.
- Serve as a point-person on various projects that require communication planning and liaising among multiple client groups.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
- Proficiency writing and editing in AP style
- 4+ years relevant work experience with a background in internal communications in medium to large organizations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience designing presentations and other creative collateral
- Experience sourcing, drafting and editing content, including emails, talking points, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations and articles
- Resourceful and enthusiastic; able to work well under pressure with a flexible attitude
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and writing with regards to storytelling
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented, and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-13