Internal Communications Manager, Corporate Programs, Google Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in communications, including executive communications.
- Experience building and executing new programs and managing them to scale.
- Experience working on large events that require cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, while working effectively on a team and leading efforts across disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain excellent judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on diplomacy.
- Excellent project management skills.
About the job
As a member of the Executive and Internal Communications team, you will be part of a team which produces employee communications and events for Google executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Google’s culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
As a member of the Google Cloud Communications team, you will collaborate with executives and cross-functional teams to develop internal communications strategies and materials for business-related and thought leadership campaigns. You will be overseeing corporate and cross-Google communication initiatives, such as the overall Cloud messaging framework, executive communications, real estate and site strategy, coaching executives for events, and building internal campaigns associated with major external events. You will also act in a supporting role for a variety of special projects including crisis communications, culture initiatives and the creation of new programs for leadership.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop, write and edit communications for senior executives, including emails, Frequently Asked Questions, and internal and external presentations.
- Develop creative strategies for communicating to employees, taking into account the needs of different audiences.
- Plan the frequency and channels of communication and coordinate stakeholders across different areas of the business and the company.
- Manage internal communications strategic plans, being responsible for strategy and outcomes from beginning to end of the project.
- Interact with and influence executives, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-13