Internal Communications Manager, Google Health
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of internal or executive communications, marketing, policy, consulting or PR experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Familiarity with the dynamics of fast-moving technology or health organizations. Ability to quickly learn complex research, technology, and business structures.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to capture the voice of leadership and communicate complex, technical concepts in a clear and compelling way.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
About the job
As a member of the Executive Communications team, you will be part of a small team which produces employee communications and events for Google executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Google’s culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
As an Internal Communications Manager, you will lead communication strategy, and work with leaders and Communications colleagues to help health teams navigate change, communicate effectively, and maintain alignment as we expand our health efforts. In this role, you’ll leverage experience in communications to draw people together to work towards common goals, instilling trust throughout our processes and motivating our teams to improve healthcare for everyone.
You’ll work with the Google Health team, which includes engineers, researchers, clinicians and product managers coming together to use AI, hardware, products, and more to solve challenges and help people lead healthier lives. The Google Health team are studying the use of artificial intelligence to assist in diagnosing cancer, predicting patient outcomes, preventing blindness, and much more. They’re also exploring ways to improve patient care, including tools that are already being used by clinicians. And they’re partnering with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to help improve the care patients receive.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you’ll you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Help drive messaging and narrative development for the Google Health product area internally, including drafting blog posts, talking points, launch materials, slides, speeches and more.
- Track and understand a range of complex research projects, products, and partnerships and tell the story of our major initiatives, expertise and efforts across the Google Health team in communications forums for the rest of the company.
- Oversee executive communications and thought leadership, working with various leaders to communicate Google Health’s vision and strategy, and using creative ways to build a strong and distinct team culture.
- Lead and build on regular internal channels such as All-Hands to help communicate strategy, direction and build create an internal comms program for Google Health.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-20