Internal Communications Program Manager – FT – Days – Marketing and Communication
El Camino Health is committed to hiring, retaining and growing the best and brightest professionals who will carry our mission and vision forward. We are proud of our reputation in the community: One built on compassion, innovation, collaboration and delivering high-quality care. Come join the team that makes this happen.
Scheduled Bi-Weekly Hours
Day: 8 hours
Develops and implements strategies and programs to communicate El Camino Health’s business objectives, culture and values to its employees. Partners with executive management and other departments to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications. Designs, edits and oversees distribution of internal communication materials via company newsletters, intranet, emails/memos, webcasts, employee meetings, etc. Develops standards and guidelines for style and content. Provides a systematic and tactical approach to ensure the best possible service and effective communication. Evaluates fit with target audience to ensure comprehension. This significant teamwork and frequent contact with employees at all levels of the organization to cultivate and curate news. Implements metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communication plan delivery. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Develops programs and/or provides input into program direction, obtains leadership approval, ensures timely development and execution, obtains and consolidates information for timely reporting, develops and updates execution timelines. All programs and projects include a quantitative measure of performance. May also present to leadership and function as department contact.
- Creates and deploys high quality, timely and relevant communications to internal audiences across the organization.
- Develop content and implements internal communications plans and editorial calendars to support engagement across the organization.
- Develop and execute newsletters for employee, physician and other stakeholder groups.
- Oversee development of presentation content for internal events.
- Oversee development and deployment of new employee intranet and mobile applications communications planning and execution of El Camino Health’s service excellence and quality and safety corporate initiatives, and various employee engagement initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, Communications, Journalism, or other related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
Ten (10) years of Employee Communications experience in a multi-state/multi-entity organization and or consulting firm preferred.
Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills; ability to communicate with a wide audience at all levels of the organization.
Experience working within a demanding and complex environment with access to highly confidential and proprietary information.
Broad functional experience in areas of communications, multimedia, project management, change management and human resources.
Proven experience in planning, researching, writing, problem solving, editing and coordinating production of internal communications.
Proficient with digital communications tools including email platforms, content management systems, Microsoft Office Suite and analytics.
Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and experience communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex information and develop strategic insights and recommendations.
Experience in healthcare, physician marketing and knowledge of HIPAA and healthcare regulations, preferred.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions of this job are available. El Camino Health will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability if that will allow them to perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so creates an undue hardship for the hospital, or causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace which cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation.
Sedentary Work – Duties performed mostly while sitting; walking and standing at times. Occasionally lift or carry up to 10 lbs. Uses hands and fingers. – (Physical Requirements-United States of America)
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
El Camino Health seeks and values a diverse workforce. The organization is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of qualifications and competencies. El Camino Health prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, ancestry, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, marital status, age, medical condition or any other status protected by law. In addition to state and federal law, El Camino Health also follows all applicable fair and equitable employment policies from the County of Santa Clara.
At El Camino Health, our nationally recognized doctors and care teams are committed to providing you with high-quality, excellent care. We aim to deliver a healthcare experience that is designed around your individual needs.
When you choose El Camino Health for your care, you can count on:
- Distinguished hospitals. Our fully accredited hospitals, Los Gatos, and Mountain View, have received numerous awards and honors for high-quality healthcare.
- Exceptional talent. Our reputation attracts high-caliber doctors who are approachable and friendly, a nursing culture exceptional for its highly personalized patient and family care, and leadership with a deeply personal commitment.
- Innovative approaches to care. We seek new treatments and techniques, and contribute to the medical community through clinical trials.Our urgent care sites powered by Carbon Health enable easy, immediate scheduling and follow up through the Carbon Health app.
- A focus on health. Our regional Men’s Health Program offers a team approach to care and has a variety of specialists who are focused on men’s health issues, including heart and vascular, urology, sleep disorders, sexual dysfunction and healthy weight. We created the South Asian Heart Center and the Chinese Health Initiative to address unique health disparities in our patient population.
- A healing environment. Our spaces were specially designed for tranquility and comfort, such as our labyrinth walk.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17