Internal Communications Program Manager
About the job
We are seeking a highly motivated individual in the Greater Bay Area to jump in and immediately take an active and contributory role in managing the internal and corporate communications of a global consumer brand in the entertainment industry.
The Internal Communications Manager will work closely with a variety of roles and functions across all levels of management of both client departments and agency departments to manage and deliver first-class communications and campaigns designed to inspire, inform, and engage a global employee audience. This role will entail a high-level of client-facing interaction and take ownership for managing multiple workstreams while proactively managing program objectives and deliverables across a distributed team of creatives, IT developers, writers, publishers, and client contacts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Establish internal communications strategies for campaigns and internal business partners in conjunction with senior client managers and agency account team.
- Proactively manage multiple paths of multiple projects and campaigns, serving as key point of contact for all members of distributed team (client and agency).
- Establish and maintain consistent status updates and project tracking cadence, keeping clients informed of progress. Create and deliver reports.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors, including consultants.
- Create and deliver regular communications to project stakeholders, including scheduling, coordinating, and leading of project meetings.
- Responsible for creating and publishing program metrics, including weekly, monthly, and annual analytics showing performance to KPIs and client-defined objectives.
Create, Write, and Execute Internal Communications:
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, including global intranet and company-wide client emails.
- Create and present campaign proposals including strategies, objectives, timelines, and deliverables presented in a compelling and succinct way for client stakeholders.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors, designers, video production, and additional creative support roles.
- Draft messages from senior executives to employees in written or spoken form.
- Create compelling employee stories from concept to delivery, including interviewing top client executives through crafting written stories, including associated imagery and final publishing on multiple delivery vehicles.
- Ability to create effective layouts and formatting for all types of content, including intranet, email newsletters, web pages, banners, logos, and many other collateral or delivery vehicles.
- Publish communications on intranet, building expertise on the various technical platforms.
- Expert skills with presentation software (PowerPoint, Google slides, Keynote), daily requirements range from creating client templates to producing client executive updates to creating campaign and program summaries and proposals.
KEY SKILLS (include but not limited to):
- Writing skills: Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Project Management skills: Exceedingly organized and confident in the ability to coordinate multiple deliverables from a variety of internal and external sources within set deadlines.
- Polished Presentation skills: Strong speaking and content development skills for presenting to a variety of audiences (executive, business unit, entire employee base, etc). Sensitivity, diplomacy, and the ability to flex messages for variety of audiences is critical.
- Interpersonal skills: Honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills are a must as you will be the key liaison between agency teams, partners, client communications team, and client’s internal business unit departments. Confidence and experience communicating to and preparing data for senior executives. Maintain composure and focus under pressure.
- Creative skills: Creative ability will be required in all aspects of the role, from content development to managing and communicating with design teams to devising strategies and visual approaches for best communicating complicated, sensitive, or “must act” information.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS (include but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing preferred
- 5 – 10 years experience in an internal communications or corporate communications role, global experience desired
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Expert proficiency using Microsoft Office, Google Suite and a variety of project management or task tracking applications. Power-user of MS PowerPoint.
- Team-based approach, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team setting with staff of different backgrounds and experience levels
- Can-do attitude, utilizing logical problem-solving skills; looks beyond immediate problems to consider root causes and addresses them, comfortable taking on new challenges and building expertise in new areas
- Flexible mindset, with experience working under deadline pressure while handling multiple complex projects, sometimes with changing requirements
- Ability to proactively manage workload and meet deadlines, and apply creative solutions to maintain workflow
- Possess a high degree of ownership, and exhibits impeccable integrity and good judgment with sensitive information
- Must be able to be proactive, positive, flexible, and enjoy working in a team environment and independently
- Reliability and flexibility is a must, with the ability to work overtime and weekends, if needed, to meet deadline-sensitive projects
Off Base reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to provide Sponsorship.
No Freelancers/Contractors. No Recruiters. No Calls.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-14