Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal Communications Specialist
AtriCure, Inc. provides innovative technologies for the treatment of Afib and related conditions. Afib affects more than 33 million people worldwide. Electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe use AtriCure technologies for the treatment of Afib and reduction of Afib related complications. AtriCure’s Isolator® Synergy™ Ablation System is the first medical device to receive FDA approval for the treatment of persistent Afib. AtriCure’s AtriClip® Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion System products are the most widely sold LAA management devices worldwide. AtriCure’s Hybrid AF™ Therapy is a minimally invasive procedure that provides a lasting solution for long-standing persistent Afib patients. AtriCure’s cryoICE cryoSPHERE® probe is cleared for temporary ablation of peripheral nerves to block pain, providing pain relief in cardiac and thoracic procedures. For more information, visit AtriCure.com or follow us on Twitter @AtriCure.
We foster a culture of inclusion by embracing diverse experiences and individuals where everyone’s authentic self is welcome. We offer supporting programs and resources that provide enriching and equitable opportunities for each person to contribute professionally and personally.
This position is responsible for coordinating, creating, and distributing internal communications that keep various employee groups informed, inspired, and aligned with AtriCure’s business strategy, priorities, culture, and values. The coordinator will work closely with company stakeholders including Human Resources, Operations, Finance, and Facilities to support engagement efforts and to plan communications that are consistent with the AtriCure brand and voice and advance company goals and culture. The coordinator will also create written, visual, and video content and distribute it through appropriate channels, including email, intranet, social media, and digital communication boards and will track and understand results (analytics) to recommend improvements. Must be an excellent and versatile writer who follows trends in editorial/content creation (video, animation, etc.) and knows how to use them for high-impact marketing communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Develop content, including planning, writing, and editing content for a variety of internal channels including the intranet, email, presentations, and print.
- Own all aspects of the weekly and monthly newsletters, including planning, working with stakeholders, writing, designing, and distributing to relevant audiences.
- Consult with stakeholders to develop messaging that drives alignment with the vision, mission, and business priorities and that is consistent and connected across the organization.
- Identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of channels.
- Own all aspects of the Digital Communications Boards, including content creation, updating, and ensuring the most updated formats (including video) are used to communicate to relevant audiences.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (ie: HR, safety, wellness, compliance, finance) to create communications plans and content that meets their needs and informs and engages employees.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing communications, engagement, designers, product managers, and various stakeholders to support projects that involve writing and editorial coordination.
- Setup and manage video and photo shoots to ensure internal image library is updated.
- Own company communications and email calendars to ensure consistent cadence, relevance, and maximum impact of messages.
- Manage the corporate Intranet news section and propose new structure for news and slide archives.
- Research and recommend emerging communications channels and formats to increase readership and improve impact.
- Take photos at events, locations, etc., file, and create photo collages as needed.
- Ensure messages are consistent across all channels and reflect the organization’s brand and strategy.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts.
- Recommend solutions to address gaps or communication challenges.
- Recommend communications topics and programs that engage, inform and align employees.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Be hands-on as well as strategic. A “team player” who can lead by example.
- Highly accountability and drives for results
- Ability to coordinate a number of programs/projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment often interrupted with immediate support requirements.
- Regular and predictable work performance
- Ability to make decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to prioritize various duties and multitask as required
- Ability to successfully work with others
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, journalism, or Communications required or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2+ years of Internal Marketing or Internal Communication experience
- Demonstrated strength in writing and editing
- Ability to relay organization’s goals and values to employees
- Ability to work with team members remotely and across locations
- Ability to work with other departments on projects towards a common goal
- Strong attention to detail as well as business copywriting standards
- Ability to travel 10%
- Medical Device industry experience
- Ability to regularly walk, sit, or stand as needed
- Ability to occasionally bend and push/pull as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Job posted: 2022-05-01