Internal Communications Specialist
CohnReznick is looking for a skilled communicator to play a key role as an Internal Communications Specialist on our Corporate Marketing team. We believe in strengthening communities –internally and externally – through the work that we do, and communications are critical to our success. Here you will be a driving force for employee engagement, executive communication effectiveness, and fostering an inclusive and innovative culture.
- A skilled storyteller with experience using different mediums and channels to engage an internal audience?
- A critical thinker and creative self-starter?
- Adept at creating something yourself as well as elevating others’ efforts?
We’d like to meet you and introduce you to our world-class marketing team.
The Internal Communications Specialist serves as a writer, idea-generator, project manager, and lead editor for our firm-wide internal communications. You will work closely with the Corporate Marketing Director, Strategic Communications Senior Manager, and other members of our marketing team to produce, execute, and measure a variety of communication campaigns and tactics. The successful candidate will be someone who loves to write and edit, who can collaborate effectively with our People and Culture professionals, various industry teams, and top management within the firm (including our new CEO) to produce content for a variety of internal and external channels.
- Limitless career opportunities as you contribute to the growth of a leading professional services firm
- The ability to impact our employees through various communications supporting innovation, technology, new business wins, leadership announcements, employee belonging programs, flexible work strategy, and executive communications from our CEO, Chief Innovation Officer, and other firm leaders
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of purpose founded on creating opportunities for our people, making a difference for our clients, and strengthening our communities
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to unsurpassed client service, a diverse and inclusive workplace, a meaningful work-life balance, and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- A variety of potential career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A highly flexible work environment with competitive benefits
- Connect meaning, purpose and engagement to all our internal and executive communications
- Manage publication of weekly digital internal newsletter, including content development, management of review process, photo research, video creation, design, and distribution
- Write and edit key corporate marketing communications including executive announcements, press releases, award/ranking submissions, internal news, and bios
- Identify news, create corresponding content, and develop strategies to help us effectively share with both internal and external audiences
- Test and develop new internal communication channels and media
- Curate and develop content for key executives’ social media profiles
- Collaborate with People & Culture team on key talent management, learning and development, and talent acquisition initiatives
- Provide public relations support behind key new hires, business success stories, management changes, new office openings and M & A activities, etc.
- Write, edit, and post intranet content
- Create and maintain content calendars
- Track earned and paid media placements
- Provide additional project management support to Corporate Marketing team as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of writing and communications experience, including internal communications
- Excellent conceptual thinking and writing ability (both long- and short-form content)
- Publication management experience
- Strong interview and research skills to support story writing
- Ability to work with employees at all levels, including HR managers, D&I professionals, local and regional marketing managers, industry and service line subject matter experts, and C-suite executives
- Ability to work well independently and “manage up”
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong MS Office and digital media skills
- Experience with video storytelling and social media management preferred
- Media relations experience a plus
- SharePoint, Photoshop, InDesign (or similar) experience a plus
Job posted: 2020-10-01