Internal Communications Specialist, People team
We are currently seeking an Internal Communications Specialist to join our People team. This role is responsible for supporting the development and execution of effective internal communications strategies, plans and deliverables that drive employee engagement and adoption of large-scale organizational transformation, inclusive of process changes and technology deployments. You will partner closely with internal communications and change management leads, as well as subject matter experts. We are looking for someone who is creative and super passionate about employee communication, engagement, and experience. This person will be a trusted advisor to our internal partners and help them optimally reach the right audience, with the right message, at the right time, through the right channels. Most meaningful, we are looking for candidates who view employees not as employees, but as our company’s first customers—who view themselves as internal marketers, always looking for exciting, novel ways to reach our people, particularly when it comes to making complex topics simple and intuitive.
- 5+ years in employee or internal communications.
- Experience in internal communications as part of large-scale change management efforts to drive the implementation of organizational transformation efforts is a bonus.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in creative and content direction.
- Strong leadership with emphasis on collaboration, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for simplifying the complex, and developing communications tactics that resonate with a diverse, global audience.
- Ability to cut through ambiguity.
- Aptitude for influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction.
- Strong knowledge of leading practices in corporate communications and change management impacts.
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community.
Internal communications at Apple connects our people to our purpose by bringing our values to life, communicating about products and initiatives, and elevating the employee experience. Change management is responsible for ensuring successful awareness and adoption of large-scale transformation initiatives as part of our People organization. In this cross-functional role, you’ll work alongside both teams. As an Internal Communications Specialist, your charter will be to work with partners in developing and leading large-scale, innovative, multi-phased internal communications campaigns, and to coordinate efforts across our Internal Communication and Change Management teams—from editorial, to design, and more—to help our people navigate high-impact transformation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, journalism, marketing, or related field preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18