Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal Global Communications Manager
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Global Internal Communications Manager
- Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced Internal Global Communications Manager to help develop our overall approach and execute the activities of that approach. You will be an individual contributor with a broad span of influence among many partners. Specifically, you will lead content development for our intranet, support Executive Communication, Internal Communication, and Leadership Calls/Events.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, the Internal Global Communications Manager will collaborate closely with the Marketing team, People/HR Team, and the Executive Team to plan and execute effective internal communication and engage internal audiences on key messages in support of TPCi’s culture.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Leverage understanding of brand, culture, business plans and goals to develop messaging content.
- Plan, write and edit content for internal communications channels, including web, email, social media and print.
- Communicates initiatives and deadlines to employees in a variety of print, digital, and interpersonal ways; tasks may include creating and publishing company newsletters, calendars, blogs and intranet posts, and hosting meetings.
- Create new channels to reach employees with core messages. Bring creative ideas and new approaches to messaging to create and maintain engagement.
- Design, edit and oversee distribution of periodic and one-off internal communication materials through a variety of communication channels.
- Provide guidance to the executive team regarding communication plans and announcements to ensure high impact and effectiveness.
- Consult with leaders to craft key messages and orchestrate major employee recognition events, leadership messaging at business meetings, and more.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with a focus in marketing and/or communications preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience, including three or more years of experience focused on internal communication activities including people/human resources communication expertise.
- Demonstrated experience bringing marketing and communication strategies to life through visual storytelling.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to develop creative and innovative approaches.
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to influence key business stakeholders.
- Some graphics/presentation and/or video production development skills are a plus.
- Previous experience thriving in a fast-paced, transformative environment with proven capability to influence change and manage effectively through ambiguity.
- Proven ability to develop successful relationships with business partners and team members in a virtual capacity.
- An understanding that to be successful, this role must embody the TPCi culture, mission, and values.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 – $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-14