Internal & Stakeholder Communication Manager
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive an opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Internal & Stakeholder Communications Manager is responsible for developing and running a communications programme to inform and engage ONE staff in locations across Europe, Africa and North America. The role is also responsible for partnering with colleagues to develop and coordinate engagement plans and products for ONE’s key external stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate will have creative flair, strong organisational skills and will work best in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment. As well as key professional skills, s/he will have excellent communication and relationship management skills. This is a new position, reporting to the Executive Director, Global Communications and is based in our Washington DC office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Collaborate with ONE teams to create an internal communications strategy for informing and engaging our global staff.
- Lead the implementation of the strategy including through the development of new planning tools, communications activities and resources.
- Act as editorial lead for ONE’s Intranet, working with colleagues to plan, develop and publish content.
- Map ONE’s stakeholder relationships and collaborate with ONE teams to develop tailored engagement plans for key groups.
- Project manage publications, events and communications products as needed.
- Write and/or edit copy for internal and stakeholder communications products and resources.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships, especially with the CEO’s team, Communications and Digital teams, Development team, HR/Talent team and Operations teams.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practice in internal and stakeholder communications, bringing fresh insights into the organisation.
- Play an active role as a member of the strategic communications team to help ONE achieve its mission through excellent communications.
- Support and advise senior ONE staff on internal and stakeholder communications matters as needed.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A thorough understanding of the communications channel mix with experience of designing and implementing internal and stakeholder communications strategies and plans.
- Proven track record of delivering effective and creative communications programmes which produce tangible results or change.
- A self-starter, able to initiate and drive new projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including copywriting, copy editing and proofreading.
- Excellent communications project management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of using Intranet Content Management Systems
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- A proactive attitude to work and the confidence to put forward ideas
- Experience of working with and advising senior staff and external contacts.
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job posted: 2020-10-29