Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
International Affairs Analyst
Salary Range: $45,000 – $105,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Hybird or Onsite
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Strong Japanese, JLPT N1 or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
- Superior writing ability (including translation experience) and interest in public policy
- A positive, constructive attitude and determination to follow through
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree International studies, finance, or a related discipline
- Three years of professional job related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master’s Degree International studies, finance or a related discipline
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides bilingual support for communication and liaison support with Aflac Japan and Aflac International Tokyo public policy teams
- Works closely with Aflac International public policy team in Washington and Tokyo to produce analytical reports and analysis of public policy issues on tight deadlines
- Covers and analyzes international policy events in Washington, D.C.
- Conducts Japanese-language research, including news gathering and monitoring of international developments
- Translates documents from Japanese to English
- Provides staff support for the VP, including management of a number of projects, meeting/event planning, and extending staff support to the Company’ senior executives
- Provides intellectual and logistical support for Aflac executives’ and managers’ visits, including Aflac International/Aflac Incorporated/Aflac Japan executives’ visits to Washington, D.C.
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $105,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
Job posted: 2023-05-17