Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
International Program Associate
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role will be located at Bixal’s headquarters in Fairfax, VA, with the option for partial remote work. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What will you do?
Bixal rapidly expanded its international portfolio over the past year, opening country offices to support monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) contracts for United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Missions in Southeast Asia, Northern Africa, and the Eastern and Southern Caribbean. We are seeking an energetic, collaborative candidate to support multiple teams with operational and technical management across the portfolio. The International Program Associate will work within Bixal’s International Practice as part of the Program Management Unit (PMU) to support our growing operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating across multiple teams to support project operations and implementation, using problem-solving skills to tackle various challenges as they arise. This is an excellent opportunity for a promising professional to gain experience and exposure to USAID development work through support to a variety of MEL activities. Additional program support opportunities may be assigned according to project needs and your career interests.
- Coordinate across country office and home office teams to promote operational efficiency, collaborating with team members to implement key activities and assist with day-to-day tasks
- Adhere to best practices to ensure compliance with organizational and governmental regulations
- Support the development, monitoring, and maintenance of project work plans
- Support the drafting and execution of consultant, subcontractor, and other vendor contracts
- Support home office and country office team members with procurements, purchasing, expense reports, travel arrangements, budget tracking, and other financial operations
- Collaborate with teams to manage assigned project operations and duties such as project documentation, purchase order tracking, and recruitment
- Oversee project knowledge management, ensuring project records are organized on project SharePoint sites in compliance with the Bixal Quality Management System (QMS)
- Help design, document, and implement infrastructure and processes for key business operations and program support, and contribute to operational process improvement
- Support project and client events with notetaking and other administrative tasks
- Support occasional MEL technical activities, such as data analysis and visualization, survey programming, and data collection notetaking
- Perform other organizational or programmatic duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e., international development, political science, business administration, etc.)
- 2+ years of relevant experience, with international work or study experience preferred
- Experience in project management or similar type of role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proficient cross-cultural communication skills Proficiency with Microsoft 365 (including SharePoint) and Google systems (i.e., G-Suite)
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments, such as office start-up or close-out, if required Interest in advancing a career in international development, project management, or operations
- Willingness to learn
- A commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Professional proficiency in languages other than English, such as Arabic, Spanish, or French
- Knowledge of contracting practices and US government regulations (e.g., FAR, CFR, etc.) with a specific emphasis on USAID (e.g., AIDAR, ADS, etc.)
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Job posted: 2022-09-12