International Public Policy Director
Audible is currently looking to hire a Director, International Public Policy to be based in Newark, NJ.
The Director for International Public Policy will play a key role in setting Audible’s policy positions by managing, influencing and (as appropriate) advocating for legislative and government developments and issues that impact Audible’s businesses outside the United States; educating foreign policymakers on Audible lines of business and Audible public policy missions; and establishing opportunities to partner with government officials and organizations on initiatives that promote education and innovation. The Director will advise the Vice President, Public Policy & Community Affairs, key stakeholders and Audible senior leadership on emerging and existing legislative and public policy issues impacting Audible in the countries in which Audible operates and is looking to expand.
· The Director will work with and advocate to policymakers, government leaders, lobbyists, and trade associations to influence public policy, monitor government initiatives, and advocate for specific plans to advance Audible’s business objectives outside the United States.
· The Director will help lead cross-functional collaboration within Audible to develop and evolve company positions on cross-cutting technology policy to support business strategy and ensure consistency across international jurisdictions.
· The Director will design plans for foreign government outreach and serve as a liaison to key government officials.
· The Director will prepare policy briefings on pending legislation and government developments affecting Audible and provide leadership and recommendations within Audible regarding those developments.
· The Director will ensure appropriate company participation in government and industry forums.
· The Director will identify and pursue opportunities to enhance Audible’s profile across international territories through unique brand positioning that distinguishes Audible’s service.
The Director, International Public Policy will report to the Vice President, Public Policy & Community Affairs. This position will be based in Newark, NJ, but will require approximately 25% total travel internationally and to Washington, DC.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
· A strong understanding of the legislative and regulatory processes and strategic thinking skills are required.
· Ability to manage multiple projects delivering them on time and on budget is required.
· Must be able to interface successfully with all levels of management within Audible and with outside professionals.
· Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with government officials is required.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and remain productive while handling multiple assignments under pressure and meeting rigid deadlines is required.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
· Highly motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency is required.
· An advanced degree (JD, MBA, and/or Master’s) is preferred.
· A minimum of 8 years of prior experience in international governmental relations, public policy, or lobbying is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working on issues impacting the technology industry, such as tax, competition, privacy, content restrictions, international expansion and consumer protection is preferred.
· Significant knowledge of foreign government and regulatory systems across multiple regions is preferred.
· Significant knowledge of federal (domestic) government and regulatory systems is also preferred.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Job posted: 2019-08-24