Investment Communications Strategist
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment Communications Strategist is a newly created role in the Global Relationship Group (GRG), reporting to a member of the GRG Leadership team. This role is responsible for collaborating with colleagues and investors across the firm to curate, synthesize and share current, topical and innovative investment insights internally and externally. One of this individual’s key responsibilities will be to create and publish a regular external communication that captures highlights from our internal investment dialogue that are most relevant to our global clients. The firm has no CIO and has a breadth and depth of research and investment perspectives across asset classes– the goal is to frame this bottom up, rich dialogue in a way that creatively engages clients, prospects, and consultants. A secondary objective is to enable our client facing colleagues to more efficiently stay abreast of our robust investment dialogue.
We seek a skilled, creative and entrepreneurial professional who has strong investment acumen as well as an informed perspective on what is of interest to our global client base. This individual must partner effectively with investors, client-facing teams, compliance as well as with our Global Marketing team. We welcome candidates with a differentiated perspective, progressive vision and commercial mindset who are excited to learn and collaborate. Excellent writing and presenting skills are critical. While it is preferable for this role to be located in an office with investors and client-facing colleagues, we are open to alternatives locations.
- Stay abreast of the global, cross-asset class internal investment dialogue by attending meetings, reading internal proprietary research, and building relationships with investors and investment platform leadership
- Develop a keen sense of which topics would be of most interest to clients around the world through interactions with clients and client-facing colleagues
- Identify which investment insights, based on the internal investment dialogue, are most interesting and relevant to share externally
- Connect the dots across asset classes and geographies in developing insights
- Obtain the necessary permissions to share these synthesized discussions externally ensuring anything shared
- meets compliance requirements
- Create a regular external “deliverable” that captivates audiences, is innovative, and demonstrates the breadth
- and depth of our internal investment dialogue
- Partner with the Global Marketing team to share and leverage ideas across other external platforms (e.g., white papers, blogs and podcasts, etc.) and to stay aligned with firm’s overall content strategy
- Devise success metrics and continue to innovate to achieve maximum internal and external engagement
- Serve on firm’s Editorial Advisory Group
- Strong capital markets knowledge across asset classes, coupled with an understanding of influential
- communications and the editorial process.
- Deep history of working closely with investors or investment content
- Proven relationship skills – Experience working directly with clients, preferably sophisticated asset owners
- Strong writing and synthesis skills; ability to author a regular external piece independently with limited
- assistance from an editorial team
- Passion for markets, entrepreneurial, curious, and creative mindset
- Ability to understand compliance lens/issues and to apply this mindset when creating content
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence,
- and act decisively
- Effective communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal, and written across various mediums and formats
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, “roll up sleeves” and get things done
- Note: this is not an investment or portfolio management role, nor is it a path to money management. The candidate will not be conducting independent research, but rather leveraging the internal research of investment personnel globally.
Investment Communications Strategist
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.
Tracing our history to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With over USD 1.1 trillion in client assets under management as of 30 June 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to clients in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
For more information, please visit https://www.wellington.com/en/
Job posted: 2020-08-21