Investor Relations and Strategic Communications Director
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As the Investor Relations and Strategic Communications Director at Groupon, you will work with the Chief Communications Officer to plan and execute a robust and proactive investor relations program. This critical role will be responsible for helping explain financial results, communicating corporate strategy and progress to institutional and individual investors and sell-side research analysts. In addition, in this role you will be a strategist that helps connect all of Groupon’s corporate communications to tell one cohesive story. Specifically you will have an opportunity to influence and guide the public relations and internal communications programs, which also report up to the Chief Communications Officer. Behind the scenes, you will interface with internal subject matter experts across the company including; Legal, FP&A, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering & Product.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let’s get into the details:
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work with the Chief Communications Officer to plan, coordinate and announce quarterly financial results via press release, webcasts, scripts for CEO and CFO, slides, workbooks with financial data and FAQ’s.
- Assist in the creation and drafting of investor-facing materials including investor presentations.
- Work closely with the Chief Communications officer to create, manage and integrate key corporate messages into the overarching IR program as well as into the Public Relations and Internal Communications strategies and tactical plans.
- Vet and develop investor targets; help schedule, facilitate and track shareholder outreach activities.
- Plan and manage investor events such as non-deal roadshows, investor conferences, investor days, etc.
- Contribute to the development of Groupon’s Quarterly filings and Annual Report including the CEO’s Shareholder Letter in coordination with the Corporate Accounting team
- Manage incoming questions from the investor relations mailbox.
- Coordinate updates to the IR Website.
- Continually monitor trends in the investor relations field and periodically benchmark the IR program with peer companies to assess IR effectiveness.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, economic, other quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ of relevant experience – combination of in-house and agency experience is highly preferred
- Equity research, capital markets or investment community is highly desirable
- Strong communications, writing and organizational skills.
- Strong financial acumen including ability to conduct/review financial analysis, valuation analytics, and financial modeling for a global company.
- Strong understanding of US Securities laws and company disclosure policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite of tools
- Solid understanding trends in the ecommerce and tech industry
- Ability to multi-task and cope with constantly evolving demands.
- Experience in managing projects and meeting deadlines.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-10