IP Policy Program Director
Think Intel is all about hardware? Well, think again. Join us and help our legal department protect Intel’s innovative technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
The IP Policy Team is a joint effort between Intel Legal Department and US Government Affairs (sitting in the IP Legal Group). The mission of the team is to drive substantive policy developments through policy achievements, thought leadership, and new industry collaboration.
The Program Director serves as the execution leader and senior program manager driving our work to establish our communications campaign. They manage all programs ensuring objectives and goals are met, track all government engagement activity, and manage internal and external stakeholder communication.
- Understand our targeted policy positions and advocacy plan.
- Sets and refines project objectives.
- Identifies tasks, determines dependencies, identifies, and assigns specific resources, communicates expectations to team members, obtains task effort and duration estimates from team members, and creates/tracks/adjusts the project schedule.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Coordinates internal and external resources.
- Translates the work and goals of the team in a way that resonates with external agencies and also effectively communicates to the internal team the workplan and output from the agencies.
Ensures that quality standards and budgets are met.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization and adapting your communications and presentations according to the audience.
- Background in Intellectual Property and Technology issues.
- Skills to deal with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Willingness to handle high degrees of task and deadline pressure.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Conflict Resolution skills and bringing people together and to find the common ground that all parties can rally behind.
- Good knowledge of project management principles and skilled at tracking and following up on issues, managing risks, producing plans, and being comfortable with common project management terminology and stages.
- “Managing up” more senior team members to ensure accountability to project plans.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in one of the following domains such as legal operations, government affairs, business outreach, technical program management, or a TA or Chief of Staff position
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management with a strong record of delivery.
- This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Experience working in Congress and the Executive Branch on technology and/or IP-related issues.
- Experience with business outreach, coalition building, communications strategy, and policy/legislative initiatives.
- Experience working in a team environment to achieve policy success.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-04