Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Blakey & Agnew LLC, a boutique DC-based public affairs and communications consulting firm, is seeking a Junior Associate to support our team. This entry level position requires a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative, excellent judgment and can work independently. Our firm prides itself on the creativity, passion and savvy of its employees to support and deliver results for our clients. The firm’s work centers on policy related to technical issues, such as infrastructure, but no prior experience in this field is necessary to be a successful candidate.
This position requires resourcefulness, people skills, clear communication and follow-through, attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Capitol Hill, B2B, PR agency experience a plus. Strong time management, research, organizational, and excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) are essential. Very strong writing skills are required. Knowledge of AP style preferred. Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams), WordPress and proficiency in Adobe InDesign desired. High level of proficiency with social media and videoconferencing platforms is expected.
For a self-starter, the position offers a wide-ranging number of growing responsibilities that include research, media relations, and meeting planning. As the most junior role on our team, this position includes administrative duties such as answering the telephone, trouble-shooting routine technical problems, and other clerical assignments. Because our firm is small, the position offers unique opportunities and hard work is rewarded with increasing responsibility. As such, you will be able to contribute a great deal if you demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm to learn. Duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative issues.
- Taking detailed notes and turning them into organized meeting or hearing summaries and reports to be distributed to clients and other audiences.
- Researching issues thoroughly and synthesizing findings for internal and external use.
- Writing and preparing communications materials such as letters, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, and reports that are client-ready.
- Organizing conferences, meetings and receptions that require strong event management skills.
- Creating compelling and accurate social media content as well as maintaining client websites.
- Tracking media coverage and maintaining an updated media contact database.
- Efficiently responding to staff, client, media and vendor needs/requests.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science or a related field by the time of hire is required.
0-2 years of relevant experience preferred, including internships.
While the office is currently working remotely, we expect to return to a downtown office as COVID-19 protocols safely allow and will be implementing a hybrid work schedule beginning in 2022. Applicants must be available in the DC metro region to participate in in-person meetings as necessary. The salary range for this position is $42,000 – $47,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications. To be considered for the position, please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample to DCPAjobs1234@gmail.com. The cover letter should be directed to ‘Hiring Manager.’
Job posted: 2022-01-08