Latin America Government Affairs – SVP
The Latin America Government Affairs position is a value-added resource to business and corporate functions and with country heads at the local and regional level. The role supports the engagement with governments in LATAM and helps to inform the firm of political, legislative and regulatory actions; assesses the impact of potential actions on Citi and its clients; and develops and drives a strategy for managing policy issues including outreach to relevant government officials and industry associations.
- Monitor, analyze and report on political, legislative and regulatory changes in the region that will impact current and future Citi business, financial services more broadly and the general business environment.
- Provide information on key bilateral relationships for Latin American countries and the views of LATAM countries on initiatives in regional and global organizations.
- Assist the head of LATAM Government Affairs with engagement with key regional and global financial and regional industry associations.
- Help to develop and implement advocacy strategies to respond to issues drawing on work being done by local, regional and global colleagues.
- Engage with business and function partners; coordinate closely with Global Government Affairs team and Global Public Affairs colleagues.
- Develop a network of relationships with key government policymakers, industry associations, think tanks and other key stakeholders.
- Help to arrange meetings and prepare high quality, accurate briefing materials.
- Prepare biweekly reports for regional and country executives.
- Write talking points and prepares briefing materials for Citi senior executive meetings.
- Provide political risk analysis and develop advocacy strategy
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build awareness of regulation issues that could impact Citi and customers.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Ability to navigate the political, legislative and regulatory environment in Latin America.
- Ability to understand the likely implications of political and regulatory matters on Citi’s business.
- Knowledge of financial services and trade issues that will impact Citi and its clients.
- Advanced research skills to find, analyze and present information from a variety of credible sources.
- High level oral and written English skills to provide timely, high-quality internal and external briefings.
- Strategic thinking combined with accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to achieve results.
- Fluency in a second language, either Spanish or Portuguese, is essential.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and financial services.
- Extensive knowledge of Latin American countries and regional organizations.
- Experience living and working in Latin America is a plus.
- Knowledge about regional and international trade issues is a plus.
Personal attributes/interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain productive internal and external relationships, at all levels, including senior levels.
- A self-starter who can work independently with limited supervision and a team player able to work on projects as part of local, regional and global teams.
- A highly organized, energetic and efficient individual able to multi-task, prioritize, meet short deadlines and achieve outcomes.
- An ability to understand complex issues quickly and to explain them succinctly to others.
- 7+ years experience working in government, industry associations, regional or global organizations, multilaterals or NGOs on policy issues and/or financial services and trade issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area (e.g. finance, political science, government, economics, commerce or law).
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Willingness to travel in the Latin America (around 40% of time)
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-09