Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Latino Engagement Director
Position: Latino Engagement Director
Compassion & Choicesis seeking an Latino Engagement Director to help advance our community
outreach and education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for generating grassroots support, strengthening the support of
lawmakers and key stakeholders and advancing communications outreach with the Latino/a/e
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the National Director of Community
Engagement. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums,
employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance,
flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate
in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17
PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
● Define opportunities and develop long-term relationships with Latino organizations that are
stakeholders in the end-of-life choice movement nationally.
● Engage in strategic activities that measurably increase engagement within the Latino community,
awareness of C&C resources and programs, and C&C’s profile within the movement.
● Maintain and grow a database of contacts within the Latino community for outreach and
● Build and implement plans to garner endorsement or support statements for C&C’s mission or
programs from targeted organizations.
● Organize end-to-end support for and participation in conferences and community events within
the Latino community which includes conducting presentations (e.g., in-person, webinar,
conference calls) to increase awareness of C&C and knowledge about the end-of-life choice
● Coordinate across C&C programs and state-based teams to integrate Latino outreach efforts at
the local level, including supporting hearings, educational events and community activities (e.g.,
● Participate in the creation of a variety of information resources — including fact sheets, web
content, talking points and other collateral — to support outreach to the Latino community.
● Assist with Latino Leadership Council management.
● Develop a plan to maximize outreach with media goals in collaboration with grassroots efforts.
● Help identify current champions and storytellers from Latino backgrounds.
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., advocacy, communications field or equivalent
preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● A minimum of 7 (seven) years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of
education and experience) which includes:
○ Demonstrated knowledge of community organizing
○ event planning for national teleconferences and local community events (e.g., strategic
agenda setting, logistics, and promotion)
○ proven experience in developing and disseminating educational and instructional
materials for communities.
● Ability to read, analyze and interpret English and Spanish language resources. Ability to translate
organizational documents and resources into appropriate Spanish language. Ability to effectively
present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
● Knowledgeable about issues of choice, ethics, health and social justice.
● Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, including writing skills.
● Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
How to Apply:
Email current resume and cover letter as one PDF document to Jobs@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the
subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, LED 11-2021”. In your cover letter, please (1)
indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your
directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs
Questions about the position may be directed to Jobs@compassionandchoices.org.
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the
inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to
choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we
improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make
up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer
any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic
identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any
other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-01-09