Law & Policy Coordinator
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated professional for this role. The Coordinator will support members of the Law & Policy team, including, but not limited to, Research, State Government Affairs, and Local Government Affairs. The Coordinator will provide additional support to all Law & Policy teams, as required. The Coordinator provides administrative, operational, and other support to our rapidly growing organization. We’re looking for a flexible problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail to join us.
This role will require you to provide exceptional administrative and operational support to Departments, including the following responsibilities:
- Help develop and maintain Department-specific databases and shared drives
- Provide calendar support for senior staff, as well as team-wide and firm-wide events and meetings
- Input and track vendor contracts and invoices
- Track expenses and submit monthly expense reports
- Purchase articles as requested and organize in database
- Support staff member participation in conferences, including registration and travel
- Manage logistics for team events and meals such as external convenings and internal planning workshops
- Understand department priorities and identify process improvements
- Partner with HR on recruiting, onboarding, and other relevant processes
- Support internal and external communications, including meeting minutes and follow-up, presentation support, and other tasks as needed
- Identify solutions to issues as they arise, such as scheduling conflicts, a last-minute change in venue, or unexpected visitors
- Support special projects, complete research, and other tasks as needed.
To be successful in this job, you must have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passion for providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to move quickly and prioritize tasks
- Emotional intelligence to develop strong relationships across multiple teams
- Creativity in solving problems
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an administrative or operations role
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization that is currently working remotely, but is normally in an open-plan office
- Ability to rapidly shift between multiple projects and priorities
- Experience navigating diverse technology platforms desired
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-08