Lead Advisor, New Restaurant PR
The Lead Advisor, New Restaurant Advisor is responsible for developing and overseeing the deployment of the external communications strategy (including all public relations and marketing activities) for new restaurant openings.
Specific duties include:
- Work directly with the Operator of the new restaurant opening before, during and after the opening to clearly outline and communicate strategy and approach.
- Develop relationships with and gather insights from key internal stakeholders (e.g. Field Operations, Real Estate, Public Affairs) to inform the planning process and strategy.
- Develop restaurant opening plans based on market and insights.
- Collaborate with Operations Lead or Launch Support Lead to align on communications goals and objectives.
- Work with assigned New Restaurant Planner to ensure marketing activities align and are carried out.
- Manage assigned PR agency partner and NRO (New Restaurant Opening) team lead to ensure public relations responsibilities align and are carried out.
- Work with team lead on issue resolution for unique opening problems/situations.
- Ensure appropriate external spokespeople are media/message trained to speak on behalf of Chick-fil-A. Facilitate market-level media training for Operators.
- Serve as point person for various vendors/agencies related to openings.
- Follow up with Operators after opening and provide consulting (if needed) on marketing activations and redemption results.
- Track and measure results of support to ensure that results are in-line with intended outcomes and business objectives.
Additionally, this person must:
- Assist with serving as a front line on PR Hotline as needed.
- Possess strong writing and editing skills; including familiarity with media statements and strategy around interactions.
- Oversee and/or direct larger projects independently and provide updates on a timely basis.
- Indirectly manage New Restaurant Planners while giving them opportunity for development within their roles.
- Have a strong sense of initiative, be highly responsive and be able to skillfully handle multiple assignments and high-volume detail work.
- Strong business knowledge with a demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and how to use communications as a mechanism to drive that strategy.
- Possess strong presentation skills.
- Act in liaison capacity with other business partners and teams.
- Possess experience in project management and familiarity with marketing and event planning/implementation.
- Ability to make quick, independent judgement decisions that take into account complex business nuances.
- Assist with the selection and/or oversight (including assistance with financial and/or budgetary management) of outside partners and professionals to effectively deliver outcomes and results.
- Strong organizational interpersonal skills.
- Strength in time management and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
This position reports directly to the Public Relations’ New Restaurant Team Lead and requires a close partnership with Field Operations as well as Real Estate.
- Media relations and issues management experience required.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Chick-fil-A restaurant operations and Inc. support.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Journalism experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Job posted: 2021-04-10