lead consultant, reputation management
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target’s signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you’ll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role in Reputation Management means you will be part of the team that facilitates the company’s holistic program for evaluating, preparing for and managing Target’s response to risk events. Risk events that could impact Target’s reputation and ability to achieve strategic and business objectives can occur anywhere – from the merchandise we sell, to the stores we operate, to how our corporate policies are carried out, to the positions we take.
As a Lead Consultant, Reputation Management, you will play a key part in executing the Reputation Management program. You will be responsible for facilitating the assessment of potential and materialized reputation risks, including both immediate and ongoing incidents. You will work with teams across the company to create and execute management plans that prepare for, respond to and recover from reputation risk challenges. You will lead and participate in cross-functional teams and issue assessments on a regular basis, representing Reputation Management in a variety of situations.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S. degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of directly related experience in issues management, crisis management, communications, reputation management, public policy
- Excellent written, oral and facilitation communication skills
- Experience participating in and/or creating risk-based exercises, including war games, tabletops, scenario planning, pressure testing
- Highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple issues and tasks at the same time; strong sense of urgency
- Team player with experience participating on cross-functional teams and efforts in high-pressure situations and collaborating across departments
- Bias for action and strong ability to execute with minimal oversight: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, ensure timelines are being met and use resources
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills with strong leadership skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-14