Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Lead Control Management Officer – Public Affairs and Diversity and Inclusion
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer.
This position will report to the Diversity Segments, Representation and Inclusion as well as the Public Affairs Control Management Executive and support the DSRI Program Management, External Engagements, Diverse, Equity & Inclusion consultants, Insights, Analytics & Strategy, and the various Diverse Segment Leaders to develop effective corrective actions to address issues. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with expertise in risk management; a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders; and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups including leaders within DSRI, Public Affairs, the Enterprise Function Control Executive Shared Services team, Legal, Public Affairs, Human Resources, Enterprise Risk, Audit, and Corporate Communications.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact.
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area.
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies.
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area.
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls.
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies.
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams.
- Serve as a front-line risk contact for DSRI by engaging in discussions with DSRI partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, new processes, systems, vendors, projects, and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk issues across all risk types.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and assessment of the control environment and support the development of a strong risk and control culture across DSRI.
- Proactively counsel DSRI leadership on new and emerging risks, issue management, and remediation and provide reporting on risks/controls/issues to the respective business leaders.
- Facilitate end-to-end issue management of DSRI issues.
- Perform root cause and theme/trend identification leading to proactive mitigation of issues.
- Validate action plans and perform sustainability validation of issues.
- Collaborate with DSRI partners on control design and implementation to mitigate all risk types.
- 5+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Risk and Compliance policies and programs (RCSA & ERIA & RME).
- Experience with Sustainability Risk.
- Advanced knowledge of issue management policy, process, and tools (SHRP)
- Experience articulating issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management.
- Experience with skills documentation including creating process flows, risk mapping, and anchoring.
- Business consultation experience in defining key performance metrics, dashboards, or scorecards.
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks within aggressive time frames.
- Audit or internal controls testing experience.
- Strong relationship development skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Charlotte, NC; Raleigh, NC; Atlanta, GA; Wilmington, DE; Phoenix, AZ; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN.
- This role is not remote. Candidates will be required to work on site in compliance with Wells Fargo’s return to office standards, currently working in a hybrid model.
NOTE: Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-21