Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Lead Federal Public Policy
This role is a key member of the US Reimbursement and Public Policy team. The Lead, Federal Public Policy helps drive value by developing proactive and reactive federal legislative solutions to advance Sanofi interests. Federal Government Relations is a key functional partner. As a partner the role interprets legislation, provides sound rationale and clarity to complex issues, develops positions, and helps crafts external messages.
The role requires strong engagement with the industry trade groups PhRMA and BIO which includes preparing analysis on policy issues, future courses of action, and Sanofi’s positions for senior management (including the CEO).
The Lead, Federal Public Policy identifies both short-term and long-term US health care issues and trends that could materially affect Sanofi’s on-going US operations including matters concerning access, distribution, sales and marketing, and other issues that could impede its ability to innovate, provide medicines to patients, and operate in the US. Part of that analysis requires foresight into probabilities, political and fiscal influences, and health reform policy alternatives.
When preparing strategic policy solutions and positions to address US healthcare system shortfalls and trends that challenge the industry operating model, the role must integrate across a range of functions that includes external facing US Corporate Affairs partners. Understanding the positions of external advocacy groups (both state and federal) helps to raise awareness of the landscape, develop realistic solutions, and craft policy messages that resonate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Federal Affairs. Interpret legislation, develop Sanofi positions, and add value to external advocacy execution by providing clarity and well developed, supported rationale. Make the complex simple and the solution compelling.
- Provide Insight and Support for Sanofi Sr. Leadership— Provide health care environment analysis, insights and Sanofi positions for US senior management in carrying out their roles in representing Sanofi on trade association and advocacy organization governing boards and in representing the company before government entities or officials, including the US Congress.
- Initiate and conduct strategic analysis of broad healthcare policy proposals and prioritize issues which impact the ability to operate effectively as an innovator and manufacturer of therapeutic health solutions. Craft policy solutions to address trends.
- Drive Alignment on Key Issues—Engage with External Affairs colleagues and other appropriate functional areas to proactively problem solve, anticipate, and effectively take-action on developing policy issues and trends.
- Engage Externally— Represent Sanofi in policy conversations at appropriate external venues, including trade associations and other policy-oriented organizations, and establish Sanofi as an industry leader within such organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited College or University (legal background is asset for the role)
- 10-15 years of experience in US federal healthcare policy and advocacy
- Possess an understanding of broad strategic product development and commercialization issues, P&L, and other long-term pharmaceutical business implications of policy; ability to synthesize and then educate groups and individuals about issues in health care and government trends.
- Demonstration of influencing skills, creativity, and ability to work successfully in highly matrixed organization.
Must be able to work independently, take and lead initiatives, and partner interdependently to solve for relevant policy challenges. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills with strong technical and analytical skills.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Job posted: 2023-05-21