Lead Government Relations Advisor, State Government
MassMutual is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the state and local government affairs team and represent the company in legislative and regulatory matters. This role will report to the Head of State Government Relations and will support state government affairs initiatives and engagement with the executive and legislative branches of governments. This position will support sound public policies that align with our company business priorities, as well as our mission and values. Seeking someone who can provide state political insight to business leadership and can manage key relationships with state regulators and elected officials at all levels.
REPORTS TO: Head of State Government Relations
WHAT GOOD LOOKS LIKE:
Highly seasoned professional with specialized skills/knowledge, which is recognized across the organization for their expertise in government relations. Demonstrated potential to take on expanded responsibilities. Influences and makes decisions with significant impact on the organization and/or company. Influences the development of functional strategy. Establishes medium to long term work plans for the function and contributes to the development of financial and resource planning needed to achieve department business objectives. Has an established track record of success for driving and accomplishing critical business objectives. Value of the job will be related to the nature of work found in the market.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Advocate the company’s policy agenda with state public officials, including state executive leaders, legislative leaders, state insurance commissioners and their staffs.
- Serve as liaison for state government affairs between MassMutual’s businesses and public officials and regulatory bodies.
- Support the development of MassMutual’s state agenda, the development of regulatory policy as well as proactively execute effective lobbying activities; build/expand alliance strategies and relationships.
- Identify and monitor state policy issues (legislative and regulatory) affecting MassMutual.
- Collaborate closely with MassMutual businesses and other corporate functions to devise and execute the advocacy and lobbying strategies needed to successfully effect the emerging state policy agenda.
- Interact with internal stakeholders to provide how government relations may impact operational decisions.
- Support MassMutual’s relationship with key trade, political, and business associations.
- Represent company at state political events.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in public policy, government relations, or related field, including state legislative and regulatory bodies, trade associations or insurance/financial services industry.
- Insurance / financial services industry experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Position based in Springfield, MA or Boston, MA
- ** Frequent in-state and out-of-state travel required**
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-01