Lead Manager – Internal Communications
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Take a lead role in global internal-facing communications for the Association. This includes developing communications strategies, designing and executing communications plans, identifying and addressing internal trends and staff needs, and partnering with teams across the organization to help them achieve Association strategy-aligned goals. This role is also responsible for implementing Internal Communications policies and best practices, taking the lead in our staff intranet, and helping Association leaders maintain visibility with staff. The Lead Manager works closely with the Associate Director of Internal Comms, Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team members (SLT), as well as staff throughout the organization to develop and deliver a robust Internal Communications function for the Association.
Note: This position would ideally be based in North Carolina, but we are open to remote applicants in the Eastern time zone.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead and partner across teams to develop and help execute communications plans for teams across the organization, helping them communicate effectively
- Partner with senior leaders to produce webcasts, town halls and other key events to help increase leadership visibility, and maintain credibility and trust
- Lead Association-wide staff communications vehicles, including newsletters, announcements, event-specific communications plans, intranet, videos, webcasts, town halls and other staff resources
- Communicate transformation initiatives across the business to increase understanding, awareness and staff buy-in around key changes and serve as project lead on critical and sensitive internal projects
- Translate complex information, help staff understand its importance and help drive engagement to achieve organizational objectives
- Operate with significant autonomy and be able to influence leadership and strengthen stakeholder relationships
- Lead in developing, designing and continually enhancing a monthly staff publication, reinforcing key business messages throughout the organization to increase understanding of Association initiatives and Internal Communications objectives, and enable team members at all levels to deliver results
- Partner with operational teams such as IT, HR, Finance and Facilities to produce staff email publications that are aligned with strategy, well balanced and culturally diverse to ensure ongoing staff engagement
- Lead, manage, and enhance the global intranet site (the Source) and other existing and future communication tools, including a new intranet solution; design ongoing training workshops and opportunities across the global Association to encourage continuous adoption of the intranet.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to manage and resolve highly complex or unusual business problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, problem identification and solving, decision making, and the ability to articulate information clearly and effectively to different audiences
- Demonstrated project management skills, including comprehensive planning, scheduling, communications and negotiation, and an ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge in communications best practices and procedures and ability to apply practical internal comms theories and principles into work products
- Ability to protect and work on highly confidential information
- Adaptability to change and ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Ability to work across borders, time zones and cultures with team members across the globe
- Ability to navigate organizational sensitivities and competing priorities, balancing business owner needs with internal communications and Association strategy
- In-depth understanding of how strategic and tactical communications support the business goals of an organization
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; in particular Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Sharepoint skills
- Some travel required
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of business experience in communications, program management or a related field
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2021-09-21