Lead Public Policy Communications Consultant
Overall Purpose: Support the strategic development and implementation of AT&T public affairs communications efforts with focus on policy, messaging and media relations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of short- and long-term strategic communications plans; identify, research, and create content.
- Support the implementation of complex communications programs, including company-branded events, earned, paid and social media, and various grassroots tactics such as generating constituent and third-party support for company initiatives.
- Support efforts to direct the AT&T Public Policy digital platforms, including a blog and Twitter handle, to promote the company’s business initiatives and enhance the company’s reputation and outlook on policy issues.
- Support message coordination between federal regulatory, legislative, campaign, policy, legal and state teams on issues impacting business objectives to ensure consistency and positioning of AT&T as an industry expert.
- Coordinate with third parties and external consultants to amplify messaging as appropriate.
- Provide support on media and third-party activity related to the company’s policy efforts to improve effective positioning of the company and its goals.
- Develop and distribute federal PAC newsletter to promote the reputation and outlook on policy issues important to the company.
- Responsible for translating complex corporate policy goals into simple, easy to understand strategic messaging for third party groups and policy makers.
- Responsible for daily monitoring, tracking and reporting media and third-party activity.
- Responsible for the development of weekly team reports.
- 4-7 years’ of relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree in related disciplineNOTE: Advanced degree considered “a plus”
Job posted: 2019-10-07