Lead Public Relations Manager – Communications DIRECTV
Lead Public Relations Manager – External Communications
DIRECTV has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, creative and professional communicator, who thrives in a fast-paced, highly accountable and autonomous environment. This Lead Public Relations Manager position will be responsible for managing public relations in support of DIRECTV’s marketing, content and programming teams. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the planning process, including researching, writing, editing, and content development, such as press releases, blogs, executive speeches, messaging, and online communications. This candidate will coordinate with a cross-functional team of PR specialists in media relations, employee communications and social media.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Plan and assist in the creation and delivery of strategic communications plans, which includes daily engagement with business partners, writing, in-depth research on issues, and coordination with the communications and media teams, and outside agencies to drive engagement.
• Maintain a working-level understanding of the company’s priorities, issues and news to ensure effective contributions to communications planning and execution.
• Manage special projects and serve as the subject matter expert on public facing initiatives.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to internal business partners who need to be aware of upcoming issues, events, and stories that may impact the company’s reputation.
• Participate in the identification, design, development and implementation of assigned projects, offering recommendations for internal and external communications.
• Demonstrate superior organizational skills, ability to respond in a timely manner to urgent requests and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• B2C PR experience a plus.
AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T’s U.S. video unit. For more information, please click here.
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
Experience: 5 to 8 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations or a related communications field
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-23