Leader, Enterprise Public Affairs
Requisition ID: 0111190326
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Worldwide Government and Public Affairs communication leader. The role is based in Washington D.C.Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Leader, Enterprise Public Affairs position will be responsible for working with and supporting the Leader, Enterprise, Global Public Affairs in the execution of the enterprise communication strategy and helping to provide overall communications support to the Worldwide Government Affairs and Policy team. He/She will be responsible for managing key initiatives that support the overall strategy and have ownership of specific campaigns and projects.
- Leads and executes global industry and advocacy efforts through engagement and influence with trade associations.
- Work with the Communications team in executing high visibility, high impact policy communications for senior Johnson & Johnson executives.
- Works with the global lobbying and public affairs team (enterprise and cross sector where needed) to educate and activate employees across the world to influence policy.
- Builds stakeholder trust and advocacy.
- Provide communications support to the WWGA&P team members on policies and positions and on the development, dissemination, and evaluation of those policies and procedures to enhance relations with external stakeholders and governmental bodies.
- Incorporate messages into message maps, lobbying materials, Op-eds, speeches, press releases, and promotional materials.
- Works with the Communications team and the Employee Engagement team in executing a global employee communications and engagement plan.
- Provide writing support as needed for internal/external speaking opportunities
- Develop and execute plans to support the adoption and understanding of the new WWGA&P strategic plan.
- Leads and executes impactful communication programs to ensure positive and productive relationships with opinion elites, community leaders, and influential organizations across the globe.
- Assist in the management of various PR agencies, design firms and internal business partners.
- Leverage core Johnson & Johnson communications platforms to enhance reputational impact of GA&P programming.
- Expand the influence, relationships, and thought leadership of Johnson & Johnson through effective communication.
- Work closely with the global corporate affairs team and government relations colleagues worldwide and assist in the development of a strategic, organized communications approach for advocating J&J’s position(s).
- Write, edit and produce communications vehicles for the print and broadcast media and internal audiences to broaden awareness of J&J positions around the world and to equip J&J leadership and spokespeople with key messages and talking points.
- Develop global toolkits with infographics, key messages, talking points, and Q&A.
- Provide media relations counsel to J&J executives and colleagues on public affairs/governmental matters.
- Support the global media relations team as issues and crises arise.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in communications/public affairs
- Strong writing and media judgement
- Direct experience executing a public affairs strategy
- Experience developing business communications tools related to local, state, regional/national legislation
- Experience fostering relationships with Government officials/Government bodies
- The ability to build public trust and enhance the reputation of the business and enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities
- Proven ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to create public communications that are shared through digital and social platforms
- A strong understanding of how the media can interpret, impact and influence released statements/formal communications
- Are of study in Communications/Journalism or Public Policy
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-01