Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Leader of State Government Relations
All posting locations: Remote, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Job Function: 08 – PR/Communications & Regulatory
Ref #: R-69989
Base Salary Range: $136,600.00 – $170,800.00
Target Total Cash Range: $177,580.00 – $222,040.00
Target Total Cash: Target total cash represents this role’s annualized cash earning potential at target (base salary + target bonus). Target total cash is contingent on targeted company performance achievement and individual attainment of performance goals. Therefore, target total cash is not guaranteed earnings. In addition to base salary and bonus, this role is eligible for additional compensation in the form of equity.
Compensation Disclaimer: The compensation offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Remote, Hybrid or Onsite: Remote
Description & Requirements
Location: Remote –
What do we bring to the table?
- Benefits begin immediately upon hire. Fully customizable medical plans (HRA- HSA- FSA)- 5 different carrier choices
- Prescription (Rx) card
- Full suite of additional plans: vision- dental- life- disability- adoption/family planning reimbursement- childcare- parental leave LiveWell lifestyle/well-being discount and rewards program (for example- $50 subsidy for fitness tracker)
- 18 days of PTO + 12 holidays (1 floating)- pro-rated to your start date. Once you are with us 5 years- it goes up to 23 days.
- 401(k) matching + extra 3% freebie company contribution
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
- Award-winning Ownerversity learning & development resource library
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health support
- Learn more about life #hereatKraftHeinz on our YouTube channel!
Leader of State Government Relations at a glance
Kraft Heinz is hiring a Leader of State Government Relation that has primary responsibility for state & local government relations for the Kraft Heinz Company (KHC) and will report to the Vice President- Global Head of Government Relations. This role primary responsibilities include developing legislative and regulatory strategies- managing contract lobbyists and trade associations- working with elected officials and their staff members- interest groups and state government agencies to advocate for KHC.
What’s on the menu?
- Works with KHC businesses and GA colleagues to determine policy priorities and strategies to address.
- Takes initiative to identify and resolve public policy challenges at the state level and take advantage of opportunities for KHC.
- Proactively identifies and communicates state and local legislative and regulatory issues and trends that impact the company.
- Tracks- monitors and acts on pending and enacted legislation and governmental activities based on input from appropriate internal KHC stakeholders- business units- lobbyists and associations.
- Monitors hearings; builds strategic relationships with key individuals in state & local legislatures- Administrations- Governors- and the implementation of policies that could influence the growth and competitiveness of KHCs.
Recipe for Success:
- I have experience in state and local government relations
- I have extensive political networks and policy experience in Illinois- California- New York- Vermont and Massachusetts
- I posses strong understanding of political and legislative process at the state and local level
- I have experience shaping policy as a policymaker and lobbyist
- I have managed state and government affairs for an association or corporation
- I have proven success in delivering legislative and regulatory wins at the state and local level
Please note: This job posting is just a preview of the full scope of the position. A comprehensive job description is shared upon interview.
Kraft Heinz is a global food company with a delicious heritage. With iconic and emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We’re on a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our progress as we drive innovation across every part of our company.
Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities, and planet. We’re proud of where we’ve been – and even more thrilled about where we’re headed – as we nourish the world and lead the future of food.
We grow our people to grow our business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity, and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved and nostalgic brands. Good isn’t good enough. We choose greatness every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions. All while celebrating our wins – and our failures – as we work together to lead the future of food.
Challenging the status quo takes talent. We invest in your purpose and potential by developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great people make great companies, and we’re growing something great here at Kraft Heinz.
Office Collaboration & Hybrid Work Environment
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today’s workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role’s responsibilities and requirements.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Underrepresented Ethnic Minority Groups/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected classes. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for protected individuals, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact HRCompliance@kraftheinz.com for assistance.
Job posted: 2023-05-24