Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Learning Experience Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
One in three women and nearly one in three men experience relationship abuse in their lifetime.?More than 1 in 2 transgender people will experience intimate partner violence in their lifetime. Three women a day are killed by their current or former partner in the US alone. The statistics around relationship abuse make it a public health epidemic that all of us have a stake in changing. Data and Statistics
Started out of a relationship violence tragedy – the death of Yeardley Love in 2010 –One Love Foundation is the national leader in educating young people ages 11+ about relationship health, educating more than 1.5 million young people through educational workshops both in-person and online. Through film-based workshops and peer-to-peer discussions, One Love addresses the differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships and the warning signs of abuse in an accessible way. One Love creates safe spaces where young people can identify and talk about the issue. Workshop participants leave equipped with the vocabulary and tools needed to act when they see unhealthy behaviors and abuse both as bystanders and in their own relationships. One Love empowers young people to improve the health of their relationships and to spread this message in their communities.
Today, One Love’s campaign is equal parts national and local in its scope. Nationally, One Love has created a mission, messaging and educational tools that standardize the language used to teach young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships. One Love’s recent Theory of Change process affirmed their commitment to serve “all youth” with an increased focus on the following: youth of color, LGBTQ+, male-identifying, those who are disabled, and whose first language is Spanish or Mandarin.
Locally, One Love works on the ground with young people, schools, youth-facing community groups and social service partners to ensure that their programs are used in a way that is right for each community. Regional teams build deep roots and authentic partnerships within a given region that can help accelerate the movement to end relationship violence. In 2017, One Love established on-the-ground teams to increase the velocity of their efforts in engagement and activation. One Love now has staff on the ground in five regions and by serving these communities full-time, One Love is amplifying a conversation about relationships that is changing and saving lives.
ABOUT THE POSITION
One Love is looking to hire a Learning Experience Manager who will report to the Senior Director, Education and lead One Love’s training efforts. The Learning Experience Manager is responsible for two major areas of work: 1) leading the live training experiences on the Education Center and 2) developing the training experiences for workshop facilitators on the Education Center. The Manager will focus on how to articulate and support the HOW of what One Love does. Their work will ensure that those who have never done so or who are still hesitant, feel confident enough to plan and implement a workshop, and when they do so, they have the skills to do so successfully. To do this, the Manager will design and develop the next generation of One Love’s current Educator Hours and Educator Certification Programs. Concurrently, the Manager will design and develop digital courses that capture the best of what workshop facilitation can look like and turn those into amazing, dynamic learning experiences with a priority on the One Love Facilitator Competencies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Lead the development of online, interactive training experiences for youth and educators to become confident workshop facilitators through the Education Center
- Create and host live professional development opportunities for new and returning One Love facilitators
- Provide leadership in instructional design, adult learning principles, and innovation strategies in the conception, design, and development of all digital learning experiences
- Understand the digital learning landscape to understand how to seamlessly integrate other technologies into existing platforms
- Serve as project manager on key education projects, managing multiple concurrent complex projects
- Use data and regional feedback to drive insights and translate these insights into growing and improving the learning design
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to design end-to-end learning experiences that meet organizational objectives
- Collaborate deeply with the Education Manager and Online Systems Manager, and the Partner Success team, to ensure that the digital learning experiences are responsive to and aligned with programmatic design
- Serve as an instructional designer on assigned projects, partnering with others on the team to deliver on goals, utilizing an instructional design model and key principles
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for One Love’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred (with a preferred focus on education/educational technology, learning development, learning design, innovation and technology, online learning, distance learning, or similar)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces innovation, experimentation, and continual improvement; quickly pivoting where required
- Demonstrates commitment to impact by making a conscious effort to assess and understand results and adjust as needed. Strives for continual improvement through effective listening and learning
- Goals and metrics oriented. Embraces a data driven approach
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an assets-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences. Actively works towards inclusion & belonging
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative, not territorial, mindset; someone who pitches in to help when needed
- A clear and effective communicator
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Superior organizational, time management, and follow up skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and think critically
The role can be based in any of One Love’s markets: Baltimore, Bay Area, Boston, NY Tri-State, or Seattle. Some travel will be required. The organization is currently operating on a hybrid model with 1 – 3 days per week in person.
WORKING AT ONE LOVE
One Love offers compensation and benefits that are competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region and commensurate with experience.
One Love believes in supporting the whole person by providing:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flex coverage
- 401k offering, including a match
- 4-weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays as well as sick and mental health time
- Generous family leave
Additionally, the organization promotes workplace well-being through:
- Employee-led Affinity Spaces
- Paid travel to organizational retreats for team building and fun
- Staff learning and development
- Empowerment of team members to take on new opportunities that stretch their experience set
Organizationally, One Love is committed to living Core Values and Beliefs internally and externally.
- We believe that everyone deserves healthy relationships.
- We believe that anyone can start a conversation that saves lives.
- We believe in the power of youth and community.
- We believe that education and collective action can change the world.
We are innovative and bold in the name of accelerating progress. Fear of failure does not keep us from trying something that could be revolutionary. We think out of the box, experiment, and take calculated risks.
Commitment to Impact
Everything we do is driven by the impact we seek in the world. We are continually learning and evolving by listening to the communities we serve, evaluating our efforts, and iterating to ensure we have meaningful results.
Inclusion and Accessibility
Relationship abuse is a human issue, and we aspire to reach all youth. We create a common language for understanding healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors, and we hold ourselves accountable to ensuring that people of all identities see themselves in this work and can access our resources.
Partnership is in our DNA
Nothing is possible without partners. We work hand in hand with individuals and organizations to educate, and we rely on inspired volunteers to help drive lasting change in their communities. Together we are stronger.
One One Love
We are deeply dedicated to our mission and to our team, practicing what we preach and working to build healthy relationships with one another. We help each other get the job done and are inspired by the possibility of what we can do together.
One Love is an equal opportunity employer and believes that changing social norms and the statistics around abuse requires a team and an approach that is diverse, inclusive, and truly human in nature. One Love strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
Job posted: 2022-11-10