Legal, Regulatory & Compliance – Associate Counsel
Working with the Senior Counsel, the Associate counsel provides a range of legal services to the Company including commercial contracting, counseling on applicable laws, managing trademark matters, and other duties as assigned by the Senior Counsel. The Associate Counsel’s primary responsibility is to ensure that internal service levels are met for certain client contracts.
- Managing the Company contract database to ensure all contracts are archived and that internal stakeholders are aware of all material contract life-cycle events.
- Counseling and training commercial stakeholders on a range of legal matters including health care compliance matters and employment law matters.
- Drafting minutes for Company meetings as directed by Senior Counsel.
- Drafting policies and procedures for the Legal Department, and the Company.
- Providing general legal services and counseling to internal stakeholders, as directed by the Senior Counsel.
- Managing outside counsel on trademark related matters, and other matters as required.
Licensing/Certification: Admission to a state bar, and a NJ in-house counsel limited license.
- Ability to read and quickly synthesize large amounts of complex information.
- Good judgment and sound analytical thinking.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegially across departments within a diverse work force.
- Working knowledge of applicable healthcare laws and regulations.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for the mission of the company and the legal profession in general.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04