Legislative Affairs Advisor
Become a Legislative Affairs Advisor at Edison International (EIX) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will lead aspects of the company’s state and federal legislative bill review process. You will spearhead the analysis of high volumes of legislation, working with subject-matter experts, coordinating with the Sacramento and Washington, DC offices, drafting legislative position letters, responding to information requests, and preparing policy analyses so that the company’s positions are communicated accurately to legislators, their staff, and other key external stakeholders. Your work will support the company’s legislative advocates in achieving favorable policy outcomes. You will report to the Principal Manager, Legislative Affairs in Corporate Public Affairs.
As an Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead aspects of the legislative review process, including developing policy analyses, persuasive position letters, comments, arguments, and data submitted to legislators and staff.
- Manage aspects of the state and federal policy development process to identify objectives and positions that are aligned with the company’s vision and clean energy business strategy.
- Own complex policy analysis and research projects to determine structural barriers, issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with legislative advocates in the Sacramento and Washington, DC offices on policy advocacy approaches that advance the company’s external engagement strategy and result in favorable legislative outcomes.
- Manage the legislative tracking database, including accurately capturing and inputting subject-matter expert feedback and legislative developments in a timely manner.
- Lead special research and issue management projects for senior officers requiring complex, high-quality deliverables developed collaboratively with subject-matter experts.
- Serve on incident management teams during emergency activations, including after hours, nights and weekend duty rotation.
- Always maintains a safe work environment.
Job posted: 2020-11-02