Legislative Affairs Analyst (Space Development Agency)-552489
Strategic Analysis, Inc, (SA) is looking for highly motivated, talented individuals to join our team. At SA we recognize that success is a direct result of an engaged and results-driven team fostered by a collaborative and supportive environment. We value our team and encourage professional growth and career development through training, education, and leadership.
If you want to be a member of our dynamic team and are interested in a new career opportunity please review our Current Openings and apply today! If you are a new applicant select from our Current Openings to apply. If you are a returning applicant, please log in and apply to the position(s) of interest.
SA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SA participates in E-Verify.
Strategic Analysis, Inc. (SA) seeks an experienced legislative affairs analyst to support the Space Development Agency (SDA). The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a fast-paced organization with significant congressional outreach and proven ability to connect with Congressional members.
SDA is responsible for the development and fielding of DoD’s future threat-driven National Defense Space Architecture. SDA is using novel approaches to accelerate military space capabilities to ensure U.S. technological and military advantage in space for national defense.
This is an exciting role offering the chance to work in a new, dynamic and collaborative Defense Agency with experts from across the space domain who are experienced in delivering capabilities to the warfighter and are passionate about the SDA mission.
- Research, assemble, write and disseminate sensitive, critical and complex information for Congressional audiences.
- Contribute to legislative strategies and Congressional liaison activities for the SDA Director, including the formulation and representation of positions on legislation, preparation of testimony, and response to questions in close coordination with the OUSD(R&E), OASD(LA), USD(C) and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Works with DOD’s Congressional and intergovernmental affairs offices on communication with the executive and legislative branches of government.
- Advisor to the Policy cell chief and SDA executive leadership for strategic congressional, policy, and internal DoD activities.
- Prepare the SDA Director for congressional engagements, staffer day briefings, testimony, and other activities, as required.
- Conduct comprehensive issue analyses and anticipates potential policy and budgetary problems, assesses their impact and Congressional reaction to Department engagement strategies and ensures policy and budgetary recommendations are consistent with Departmental objectives.
- Degree not required.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 6 years of recent and relevant experience working in legislative affairs is desired.
- Knowledge of DoD legislative affairs processes and timelines and/or dedicated experience working on Capitol Hill is preferred.
- An active DoD security clearance is required.
- DoD TS/SCI is strongly preferred.
- Highly qualified candidates with an active DoD secret clearance may be considered.
- Health and prescription
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K Program
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Transportation Subsidy
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Gold’s Gym Corporate Membership
- Tuition Reimbursement
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-24