SAIC is seeking a Legislative Analyst to help analyze and track Congressional actions, Inspector General (IG), General Accountability Office (GAO), assigned to the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense Research and Engineering (DDRE), Research and Technology (R&T).
- Facilitate open lines of communication and understanding, maintain and establish close working relationships with the USD R&E Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, USD(R&E) Staff Principals, OSD Legislative Affairs (OSD(LA)), USD Comptroller Budget Affairs and Activity (BAA) Office, JCS Legislative Liaison, and legislative liaison offices of military services.
- Work with OSD(LA) and BAA to maintain and update appropriate biographical information on all Members of the House and Senate and key congressional staff, including the Members most current research and engineering interests and concerns.
- Monitor, track and help deliver organizational reports and briefings to congress.
- Assist with response to congressional requests for information (RFIS)
- Analyze congressional bills and reports, assist with DoD responses to legislation
- Maintain current and historical records on past and present actions undertaken to respond to the GAO, IG, and Congress to assess how the information requested is evolving and how responses were made to the same or similar questions
- Integrate information into draft or proposed responses for coordination with the appropriate government personnel to help prepare formal responses to GAO, IG, or Congressional inquiries.
- Master’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, or related field and 10 years of experience. Bachelor’s and 15 years related experience.
- Experience working congressional actions including legislative proposals, congressional reports and language, and Congressional briefings.
- Experience with direct Congressional staff interaction.
- Prior support to senior-level OSD personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Office tools particularly PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS), Congressional Hearings And Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), DoD Directives Portal, Congressional Quarterly (CQ), RollCall, Early Bird and OLC online products.
- Able to obtain secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-07