Legislative Analyst, Compliance
POSITION PROFILE: Legislative Analyst, Compliance
About this Position: The purpose of the “Legislative Analyst, Compliance” position is to work with the Compliance Department to identify, research, and monitor legislation, policy, and public affairs that may impact Credit Acceptance Corporation.
Outcomes & Activities:
- Identify, monitor, and track current legislative activities (g., pending and enacted legislation and hearings) in Congress and state governments that may impact the Company.
- Research and analyze legislation, hearings, Congressional transcripts, press releases, and other state government and Congressional documents and activities of interest.
- Maintain a legislative tracking database. This includes:
- Drafting and regularly circulating reports which identify, summarize, and analyze pending and enacted legislation of potential interest to the Company.
- Performing trend analyses.
- Assessing the likelihood that pending legislation will be enacted.
- Assist Company attorneys and business leaders to determine what actions the Company must take to timely comply with legislation, if enacted, and track same.
- Understand all aspects of the business, business strategy and objectives, sales, marketing and operations to ensure government relations initiatives are aligned with Company priorities.
- Support other compliance-related activities as needed.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in public or business administration, political science, statistics, economics, or closely related field.
- Hill, campaign, non-profit or trade association policy experience (minimum 1 year).
- Proficiency and previous experience with Microsoft products, including Word and Excel, and legislative tracking software (such as FiscalNote or SharePoint).
- Attendance as required by department.
- Work onsite at the assigned Credit Acceptance location.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possesses strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional planning, communication (both verbal and written), time management, organizational and follow-through skills with a strong sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present information in a clear and concise fashion and formulate recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at a time, prioritize duties, and work independently while functioning as a member of a team.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Company Values: To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE (our Company core values) in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don’t be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
FLSA Classification Status:
Please apply to position using the link below:
Job posted: 2019-10-09