Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Legislative and Policy Analyst – Payment Policy
Legislative and Policy Analyst – Payment Policy
Premier, Inc. (PINC) is a publicly traded company working at the nexus of healthcare innovation, technology, and advocacy. The Government Affairs Team advocates on behalf of a member alliance of 4,400 hospitals and 250,000 continuum of care providers in four main areas:
· Building resilient healthcare supply chains
· Optimizing the value of healthcare
· Tech-enabling healthcare
· Eliminating gaps in healthcare
The Legislative and Policy Analyst works collaboratively within a team of DC-based subject matter experts and federal lobbyists, as well as collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, to advance Premier’s advocacy strategy. This position takes a broad approach to problem solving and developing an understanding of the federal legislative and regulatory process. The Legislative and Policy Analyst will participate in policy development, required and approved educational opportunities, development of thought leadership content, and learning about the various technologies and solutions Premier offers to its clients.
What will you be doing:
Premier seeks a driven, team-oriented self-starter for the position of Legislative and Policy Analyst in our Washington, DC office. The Legislative and Policy Analyst provides project support to the Government Affairs Team, including researching and analyzing federal healthcare policies, developing and communicating recommendations to advance Premier’s payment policy and value-based care advocacy strategy and preparing member-facing communications.
· Reviewing and summarizing regulatory and legislative updates to federal healthcare programs.
· Advising Premier senior management and staff, as well as Premier’s members, on the implications of regulatory and legislative updates via written and verbal communication.
· Supporting member engagement on regulatory and legislative policy development.
· Supporting member education by developing materials for webinars and in-person presentations.
· Assisting with internal and external coalition-building to advance key advocacy priorities for Premier and our members.
In addition, the Legislative and Policy Analyst will have:
· Proven organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Premier’s internal business units and members, and with Executive and Legislative branch officials.
· Understanding of the federal legislative process and attention to current congressional issues.
· Familiarity with the federal regulatory process, comment periods, and federal agency organizational charts.
· Exceptional and persuasive verbal and written skills, with the ability to perform with a high level of tact, integrity and professionalism while interacting with all levels of management, peers and internal/external stakeholders.
· Ability to accurately and quickly draft and edit written materials and to work under time pressure.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Knowledge of file management and other administrative processes/procedures.
· The ability to exercise independence and discretion.
· Ability to prioritize and flexibility to complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
· 2 Years Applicable Experience
Skills & Experience:
· Policy development and analysis
· Strong communication skills, including verbal and written
· Excellent time management capabilities
What we’re looking for:
Years of Applicable Experience – 2 or more years
Skills & Experience:
Communication, Government Policy Development, Time Management
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Relevant experience in policy research, implementation, advocacy, consulting and/or in insurer/health plan or hospital/health systems setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare payment policies (e.g. hospital, outpatient, physician, continuum of care), healthcare quality metrics and measure development, and alternative payment models
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal communication) and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Graduate degree in healthcare or policy (such as MPP, MPH, MPA, or JD) or Healthcare professional (such as nurse, pharmacist, etc)
Premier’s compensation philosophy is to ensure that compensation is reasonable, equitable, and competitive in order to attract and retain talented and highly skilled employees. Premier’s internal salary range for this role is $43,000 – $79,000. Final salary is dependent upon several market factors including, but not limited to, departmental budgets, internal equity, education, unique skills/experience, and geographic location. Premier utilizes a wide-range salary structure to allow base salary flexibility within our ranges.
Employees also receive access to the following benefits:
· Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
· 401k retirement program
· Paid time off
· Participation in Premier’s employee incentive plans
· Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
Premier at a glance:
- Ranked #1 on Charlotte’s Healthiest Employers list for 2019, 2020, and 2022 and 49th Healthiest Employer in America (2022)
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere® Institute for the 16th year in a row
- The only company to be recognized by KLAS twice for Overall Healthcare Management Consulting
- Perks and discounts
- Access to on-site and online exercise classes
- Paid time off to volunteer in their communities
- Tuition reimbursement as well as professional development opportunities
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Premier also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability or those who have a sincerely held religious belief. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to email@example.com or contact Premier Recruiting at 704.816.5200.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-29