The Legislative Assistant is responsible for assisting multiple lobbyists in the Federal Government Relations department by researching legislative issues; drafting and editing letters and testimonies to be sent to Congressional Members; and drafting and editing talking points, memos, and other documents to be used internally. Responsible for creating congressional voting reports for national distribution and publication. Provide information and assistance to NFIB members regarding pending legislation and regulations. Responsible for the recordkeeping of the annual FGR Federal PAC budget. Help manage coalitions that NFIB chairs. Perform administrative tasks related to expense reports and travel and transportation.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment and independent of direct supervision; adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures. Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years of office experience, demonstrating successful progression with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the political process helpful. Experience on Capitol Hill is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Internet tools including search engines.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and written communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please go to this link and hit the blue apply now button and follow the steps: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NFI1001NFIB/JobBoard/4264d0a8-f94d-4360-ba87-507cf5a4fad0/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=63b56790-01d9-4c1e-8106-b7504a2da41c
Job posted: 2021-09-21