You will work in one of Stateside’s four Issue Teams supporting major corporations and trade associations in their state lobbying and government relations efforts. This is a highly demanding environment that requires strict attention to detail and superior writing skills. You will track and analyze thousands of bills across all 50 U.S. states, including federal and U.S. territories, to provide clients with information regarding current political trends and perspective. Extensive training provides Legislative Associates with the issue, client and state knowledge needed to perform optimally. Standards of performance are very high: you will be expected to analyze complex pieces of legislation and quickly compose concise summaries following precise writing standards. Opportunities for advancement in Stateside’s growing firm are strong. Starting salary range is the upper $40s to low $50s.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Communicate with legislators, legislative staff, Chambers of Commerce and relevant stakeholders to analyze, summarize and determine the viability of state legislation.
- Uphold positive working relationships internally and with clients, legislative sources and allied organizations.
- Provide timely and appropriate response to all communication, specifically email and telephone inquiries.
- Maintain working knowledge of state government processes, resources and information; client information; and policy trends.
- Research a specified set of policy issues as part of an issue team in support of client government affairs programs.
- Track and analyze legislation and provide in-depth political and policy analysis and research.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in legislative research and policy evaluation from time spent on state legislative staff. Ideal candidates will have worked in one of the following capacities for a year or two: Chief of Staff; Legislative Director; Legislative Aide; Legislative Assistant; Committee Administrator; Committee Clerk; or similar job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications or related field.
- Strong writing skills with experience as a spokesperson who can articulate messages to different audiences.
- Strong comprehension of state legislative and executive systems.
- An ability to understand, analyze and summarize complex legislative issues in a limited time frame.
- Familiarity with state legislative processes and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines while demonstrating professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical research skills. Research will involve phone interviews and internet research.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
If you are qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include LA171Q in subject line. This information is required for consideration. No Phone Calls, Faxes or Agencies please.
Stateside Associates is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or protected Veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-08