Legislative and Government Affairs Manager
The Legislative and Government Affairs Manager will develop strategies and execute focused, results-oriented programs to secure and maintain Congressional support and federal funding for initiatives developed by Navatek’s Business Development Team.
- Work with engineers and software developers to translate their technical concepts into lay language
- Write, produce and deliver clear, powerful, presentations that result in Congressional support for Navatek business initiates
- Create and maintain with Congressional members and their office staff a positive image of Navatek.
- Regular attendance is required for this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in political science, government relations, or public relations
- 3-4 years working in Washington DC as a Congressional staffer or lobbyist.
- An understanding of the Congressional budget cycle and calendar; the authorization and appropriations process; and federal contracts
- A familiarity with the operations of the U.S. House and Senate, its leadership. members, and caucuses; and the government lobbying process, strategies, rules and ethics
- A broad knowledge of the current U.S. political landscape, and trends within Congress and nationally that may affect Navatek federal funding
- Strong and positive interpersonal skills
- The ability to think creatively, self-manage, meet deadlines, and travel as required
This position will be located in Honolulu, HI. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.
Learn more here
This is a full time position
Job posted: 2019-03-20