Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Legislative Policy Advisor, Future of Work
About the Team
DoorDash’s Public Policy and Social Impact Team develops policies and advocates for legislation that supports the health of our business and empowers our community of Dashers, local business partners, and consumers. Through our advocacy on cutting-edge public policy issues and the programs that we develop, we are shaping the future of local economies. This unique team combines policy development, direct engagement with policymakers at all levels of government, advocacy campaigns, research and analysis, and programs to promote equity, safety, and sustainability.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced legislative counsel and policy professional to join the team’s Policy Development and Research Group. The Legislative Policy Advisor will shape the legal and regulatory framework for a new sector of the economy at a pivotal moment. This expansive role goes far beyond legislative analysis. You will work with stakeholders across the company to develop and support the adoption of policies that best serve Dashers, merchants, and consumers.
This is a J.D.-required role (please note that while a JD is required, this role is not on the Legal Team).
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conceptualize, draft, and advise on legislative and regulatory proposals covering a wide range of subject matter areas at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as in international jurisdictions.
- Identify legislative trends and develop strategies and policy proposals to further the interests of DoorDash and our communities.
- Collaborate with other members of the Public Policy Team and business units throughout the company — from Product to Finance to Operations — to develop DoorDash’s position on potential legislation and regulations.
- Engage with academics and think tanks to ensure DoorDash remains at the cutting edge of public policy debates on the issues that matter most to our business and our users.
- Work with counterparts at peer companies to build industry alignment on important policy issues facing the gig economy across the country.
- Represent DoorDash in conversations with elected officials and other policymakers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D. with a strong academic record and a demonstrated record of success as a lawyer focusing on a wide range of legislative, regulatory, and constitutional issues.
- You have 5+ years of experience drafting and analyzing legislative proposals, regulations, and legal opinions.
- You are a Registered Member of at least one state Bar.
- You are a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate.
- Bonus points for employment law experience, experience in-house at a technology company, in government, and/or at a judicial clerkship.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Job posted: 2023-09-01