Legislative Policy Advisor, Future of Work
About the Team
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities excel. From creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses through creative partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics, we are at the cutting edge of public policy issues at all levels of government.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced legislative counsel and policy professional to join the team’s Policy Development and Research Group. The Legislative Policy Adviser will shape the legal and regulatory framework for a new sector of the economy at an important moment. This expansive role goes far beyond legislative analysis. You will work with team members across the company to develop and support the use of policies that best serve Dashers, merchants, and consumers.
This is a J.D.-required role (please note that while a JD is required, this role is not on the Legal Team).
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conceptualize and advise on legislative and regulatory proposals covering multiple subject matter areas at the local, state, and federal levels, and in international jurisdictions.
- Identify legislative trends and develop strategies and policy proposals to further the interests of DoorDash and our communities.
- Work with other members of the Public Policy Team and departments throughout the company — from Product to Finance to Operations — to develop DoorDash’s position on potential legislation and regulations.
- Engage with academics and think tanks to ensure DoorDash remains at the cutting edge of public policy debates on the issues that matter most to our business and our users.
- Work with team members at peer companies to build industry understanding on important policy issues facing the gig economy across the country.
- Represent DoorDash in conversations with elected officials and other policymakers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You must have a J.D. or L.L.M. with a great academic record and experience as a successful lawyer focusing on multiple legislative, regulatory, and constitutional issues.
- You are a Registered Member of at least one state Bar and agree to maintain membership while employed with us.
- You have 5+ years of experience drafting and analyzing legislative proposals, regulations, and legal opinions.
- You are a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate.
- Bonus: employment law experience, experience in-house at a technology company, in government, or at a judicial clerkship.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-15