Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
LGBTQ+ Outreach Manager
Compassion & Choices is seeking a LGBTQ+ Outreach Manager to help advance our community outreach and education efforts across the country.
This position is primarily responsible for enhancing and leading diverse and inclusive outreach programs for LGBTQ+ communities.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the National Director of Community Engagement. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Helping manage the LGBTQ+ Council with the staff liaison
- Building relationships with LGBTQ-oriented organizations, with special attention on groups serving the Transgender community
- Developing engagement plans for the outreach efforts
- Creating a collaboration plan across departments, including identifying voices from the current supporter base and development efforts
- Leading efforts to create culturally sensitive materials
- Increasing LGBTQ+ communities’ external visibility on C&C’s website and online platforms
- Build on the current Pride recognition campaign
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., advocacy, communications field or equivalent preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) which includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of community organizing
- event planning for national teleconferences and local community events (e.g., strategic agenda setting, logistics, and promotion)
- proven experience in developing and disseminating educational and instructional materials for communities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret English language resources. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Knowledgeable about issues of choice, ethics, health and social justice.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, including writing skills.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
How to Apply
Email current resume and cover letter as one PDF document to Jobs@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, QOM 01-2022”. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
Questions about the position may be directed to Jobs@compassionandchoices.org.
Job posted: 2022-01-09