Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
LifeFlight Public Relations Associate Physician Liaison
We are seeking an experienced individual with a focus on public relations, marketing, and communications to join the Vanderbilt LifeFlight team!
In this role, this individual will manage Vanderbilt LifeFlight’s social media presence. They will collaborate with our vendors and outside customers. This role is also involved in the PR and staffing for large scale events supported by our LifeFlight Event Medicine service line.
- Responsible for coordinating content and responses related to LifeFlight activities.
- Maintain the program website.
- Experience with co-branding partners.
- Creating and publishing content that supports LifeFlight’s identified marketing and brand objectives.
- Working collaboratively with other supporting departments within VUMC and external customers.
- Working collaboratively with Air Methods business development.
- Orienting new staff regarding the VUMC social media policy.
- Ensuring day-to-day moderation of LifeFlight social media.
- Updating marketing tools as needed.
- Maintaining stock of PR items that are distributed to customers; including the approvals and ordering processes.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local media.
Full Time Days, Monday – Friday & (occasional weekend events)
LifeFlight is a large team which now comprises more than 300 employees, 8 helicopters, a fixed wing, 18 ambulances, an Emergency Communications center, a large Event Medicine team and our Transport Coordination Center.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will of value, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with three specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designation.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: sixth year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a collegial team spirit and great people skills. They will be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated ability to work independently. Experience in healthcare (especially an academic medical center) is a plus.
- Comfortable with public speaking and social interactions
- Formal marketing training
- Intermediate knowledge with social media and digital communications
- Comfortable with marketing analytics, data gathering and presenting findings
- An eye for detail
- A flexible and adaptive mindset
- Ability to function independently
- A collaborative team spirit
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field or a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one’s feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC’s Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14