Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Lobbying Compliance Director
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a powerhouse law firm of 250+ attorneys and policy professionals based in Denver, Colorado, is seeking a Lobbying Compliance Director who is interested in joining a dynamic team. This role can be located in either our Denver or Washington D.C. office, and will report to our Denver based Office of the General Counsel as well as DC based Government Relations Department Chair.
The Lobbying Compliance Director is an integral part of the firm that is responsible for managing projects that directly support the firm’s compliance efforts in federal, state, and local lobbying. The Lobbying Compliance Director also supports the firm’s onboarding and offboarding of lawyers and policy professionals consistent with the Rules of Professional Conduct and firm-identified best practices. The Lobbying Compliance Director may supervisor up to two professionals who will assist with lobbying compliance responsibilities. The responsibilities and scope of the role may expand or contract based upon the needs of the Office of the General Counsel and qualifications of the candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all aspects of the Firm’s Lobbying Compliance program
• Utilize working knowledge of lobbying registration requirements at the federal level, under both the Lobbying Disclosure Act and the Foreign Agents Registration Act, as well as in a variety of states and local jurisdictions to ensure compliance with all necessary requirements
• Enhance efficiency of compliance procedures for federal, state, and local government relations work
• Communicate with attorneys and policy professionals concerning areas of work and applicable registration requirements
• Complete registrations for federal, state, and local government relations work in compliance with applicable deadlines, including quarterly LDA reports, bi-annual LD-203 reports, and individual lobbyist contribution reports for members of the firm
• Monitor and advise the Firm regarding regulatory changes that affect lobbying compliance at the federal, state, and local level
• Draft engagement agreements and other contracts for government relations practice
• Supervise compliance by the firm’s Political Action Committee with applicable state and federal laws and regulations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• J.D. preferred. Project Management Professionals (PMPs) encouraged to apply.
• A minimum of five years’ business experience in a law firm or professional services setting.
• Experience with lobbying registration and compliance in one or more jurisdictions relevant to the firm’s government relations practice.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k + match, profit sharing, and vacation/sick/personal time off. We are offering a wide annual salary range for this role, ranging from $125,000 – $175,000.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2022-05-03