Lobbyist (Fed & State) Manager
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing and implementing Verizon’s legislative strategy, community engagement tactics and content in support of company goals and positions across all business units enterprise-wide with a focus on issues including technology deployment.
- Representing Verizon and influencing policy makers at the municipal and state government level in the Great Lakes states and Central region.
- Accountable for strengthening VZ’s political impact using extensive government experience and network.
- Supporting Verizon state regulatory team to influence decisions in key regulatory initiatives.
- Planning and executing strategies to ensure that any state legislation has a positive or neutral impact on the company.
- Interacting with members of the state’s executive branch and with members of state and municipal legislative bodies.
- Keeping management informed of pending legislation.
- Serving as a primary strategic liaison to company affiliations, special business and third party groups.
- Providing team direction on communicating key messages and strategic initiatives to stakeholders.
- Planning and developing strategic messaging.
- Representing Verizon in a variety of forums including providing testimony at committee meetings/hearings that address legislation impacting Verizon.
- Compiling competitive intelligence.
- Handling responsibilities related to identifying and influencing proposed state and local legislative activities.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in state and municipal government relations.
- Experience in advocacy/issues management, community organizing, and coalition-building.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes at the municipal and state level.
- Experience in the development, management and advocacy of telecommunications policies and positions.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within territory in personally owned vehicle.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Law degree.
- Network of contacts at the municipal level in the Great Lakes and Central region.
- Knowledge concerning economic regulation in the communications, cable, or utilities industries.
- Knowledge of Verizon operations and business functions or extensive positioning already established in territory.
- Public policy, community engagement, advocacy experience on behalf of a technology, communications, cable TV or public utilities business/industry.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating issues in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated communications skills, both verbal and written.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-11